Family First and BoS Member's Political Career Ruined (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
Oh my God, that's INSANE. I can't believe this got leaked -- I knew people were going to do something about his candidacy but I didn't think it'd hit national media!

Can't believe he used to tutor me, lol!
Whoa!! He used to tutor you?? o_O

K

katie_tully

I got PMd on Facebook by some guy who went to school with the Quah, asking how I know him. ;) His name was Max Power, so maybe he was fake.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
katie_tully said:
Meh, what is the worst he can do? He has no names, and even if he conjured up some names he has no proof. And proof of what? He sent photos of himself naked, which as naked photos tend to do, circulated. It's just coincidental that they surfaced 26 days before the election. ;)

I've asked law people. There is nothing he can do. Cops do this kind of thing to catch pedos. Dateline has episodes based on this.

It's not illegal.

He was ready, willing and able.

K

katie_tully

Nah, I didn't think there was anything he could do. If you were smart (you as in him) you'd totally turn this around to your advantage. Maybe it's too late after the 'it's not my penis' incident, but I still rekon that'd be a marketing wet dream.

K

katie_tully

Which one of you sold out to Crickey? Crickey is shit, surely you could have found somebody better. The article is too sympathetic towards Quah. :(
The trials and tribulations of beleaguered ex-Family First candidate Andrew Quah have gone global. He has featured in England's Pinknews and had a star turn on Toronto's Channel 24 news show. Yet questions still remain: Why did Quah take these photos, and who did he give them to? Who has betrayed Andrew Quah and introduced him to the pain of international humiliation?

Crikey has cracked open the tinny of intrigue, supped deep of its contents, and can now regurgitate the following worldwide exclusive.

It all began online at Bored of Studies, a website where high school and university students can compare notes and discuss exams -- amongst other things.

Andrew Quah, who posted as Phanatical, had a tendency to annoy other posters with his misogynist and rambling rants against women, however it wasn't until his real-life behaviour began to frustrate some of these people that a few of his fellow University of Sydney students - as one of the students involved told Crikey this morning - "cracked the sh-ts" and decided to "mess with him."

A number of fake MSN messaging accounts were created and began communicating with Andrew. Increasingly saucy chats led to the exchange of photos. The fake girls sent Andrew random pictures of teenage girls pulled from MySpace, and Andrew sent the close-up pictures of the p-nis he denies is his. While reluctuant, he eventually gave in to the request for a photo in which both his face and p-nis could be seen.

The photos were then sent to a few select people - it was intended to be a private joke. One of those people, however, felt that the joke could be enjoyed by a wider audience and an email purporting to be from Andrew was sent to a number of addresses in August 2006. There it would have ended, but for Quah becoming a candidate for Family First.

To read the chatlogs is incredibly depressing. Quah constantly makes self-deprecating comments, and though he doesn't understand why these young women are showing an interest in him, he still falls for what is a fairly obvious ploy.

The original pranksters are somewhat taken aback by the attention the incident has been given in the press. They say this is just a case of a prank that's gotten out of hand, surely not deserving of international coverage.

sarevok

HSC
I feel sorry for the guy to be humilitated like this, I encountered him a couple of times when I was at Usyd and my brother went to the same school as him (Girraween); he seems a decent enough guy, maybe a bit eccentric

These marginal political movements are always completely insane though, it is events like this that confirm it

K

katie_tully

Also Crickey are liars. The exclusive was posted on Belligerent and Numerous well before Crickey got their grubby hands on it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sarevok said:
I feel sorry for the guy to be humilitated like this, I encountered him a couple of times when I was at Usyd and my brother went to the same school as him (Girraween); he seems a decent enough guy, maybe a bit eccentric

These marginal political movements are always completely insane though, it is events like this that confirm it
so decent that he hates women?

K

katie_tully

Hating your penis doesn't classify you as eccentric, I believe mentally unstable is the PC term.

K

katie_tully

Did you read the article? They didn't even credit you guys at all, Crickey claim they have the exclusive. Liars :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
"a case of a prank that's gotten out of hand, surely not deserving of international coverage. "

i'm quite sure that the original pranksters are quite happy with the international coverage

Rorix

HSC
Anybody who's willing to take a photo of their self holding their dick in their hands and put it on the internet deserves it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)