Family!!! (1 Viewer)

s2dab2002

Guys i desperetely need ur help. I was sick when we did family in class so i dont know much about it.
If u can tell me the key areas like children, family arangements. and what kind of questions are likely 2 be in there. i did the independant trial. if u could post ur trial questions for family up here that would be great. Thanx

Nelly

I've since dropped legal studies, because i hate it with all my heart. BUT, family is incredibly boring, hehe.

Seriously, if u wanna learn about it, the best thing to do is just read, and read fast.

http://www.hinet.net.au/~mvhs/legstd/index.htm

there you can just take a look at all the stuff you may have missed, and then check www.boredofstudies.org, inthe legal studies section for family stuff.

Enjoy, MUHAHAHAHAHA :p

Alex

How can u hate legal, its the bestest subject in the whole wide world, with economics coming a close 2nd.

I guess that explains why I wanna become a lawyer ay :p

herbsby

Hey, yeh family's actually a really good area - theres a lot of common knowledge in there
For the Catholic Trial 2002 - the questions were:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in protecting the rights of family members in crisis
-Assess the extent to which family law is responds to the need for continuity and change within the legal system

So therefore, Legal Questions for Family is pretty general, there are 3 main areas
-Alternative Family Relationships (eg. Same Sex, and usually these q's refer to continuity & change, ie - the Property Relationships Act 1984, and just crap on about how the Law is responding to diff. relationships - defacto etc...)
- Children - CROC, and how the Family Law Reform Act 1995 ensures that its now Parents RESPONSIBILITIES and childrens rights, rather than the other way around
- Dissolution of marriage/relationships

So they are the 3 main areas, and then theres just general q's which can incorporate all 3 areas... so its pretty general... and its just about always on effectiveness, and even if they dont ask effectiveness, they expect you to evaluate how the legal system is responding to watever. So you'll always need to talk about effectiveness....

So yeh! there you go!
hope that helped! you'll be sweet - just know a few acts, a few cases and you'll fly through it :)

If anyone knows much about consumers though- thatd really help...the syllabus is really everywhere and i dont understand the main areas they can ask...
Thanks heaps

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Alex
How can u hate legal, its the bestest subject in the whole wide world, with economics coming a close 2nd.

I guess that explains why I wanna become a lawyer ay :p
nah, economics is better :) well the essays are easier to write anyway.

Nelly

Your all crazy, CRAZY!!! Legal SUCKS, Legal SUCKS, and once again, Legal SUCKS.

Man, its so unbelievably boring, i mean seriously, compare it to something like physics, or 4U math, damn! So much memorisation, for NO reason.

DAMN IT!!!!

I hate legal soooo much.

But maybe, it was just cuz i had a crap teacher, hmm....

:confused:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Nelly
Legal SUCKS

I hate legal soooo much.

Ive grown to hate it, I dont know why...guess its cause we dont get to have interesting debates or anything.

The only reason I kept the subject was because I was coming third...but the trial screwed that up.

Alex

I dont know, I guess I am really interested in the legal field. I can see you guys becoming lawyers jess and nell :p

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Alex
I I can see you guys becoming lawyers jess and nell :p
Of course Im going to become a lawyer.
USYD or UNSW is going to accept me no matter what.
Want to start up a law firm together? :)

Cherries

Family is probably the most boring topic but it is so easy and quick to learn. just go through ur textbook or even ask ur teacher. i'm sure they will help.

Alex: There are other [people here who want to do law. Why cant we all make heaps of money together?

RIZAL

HSC
Legal is good!

I do 4unit and I think Legal is just as entertaining

very t

Legal is one of the best subjects and family law is the best part!

My advice - go and invest in an excel guide for legal studies, it's kile $30 but you can sell it to other people next year. It follows the syllabus and is heaps good and easy to use - it's excellent for all the subjects that it covers!:D

phunky

Legal is actually pretty cool... I like it... anyhow...
If i were you I would just look at he effectiveness of family law. there is definetly likely to be a question on it. Ooh and also the breakdown of a relationship. So i guess just study the effectiveness of new legislations, the recognistion of same sex relationships as de factos and stuff. The excel legal studies book is really good for last min cramming! :p

angelic_samurai

Hmm, I'm freaked out for legal tomorrow........I can't memorise anything..........pathetic.........family is kinda a logic subject, but still, I wish I'd gone to more classes! lol :eek:
Yeah, I prefer my other classes to legal.......legal requires thought, and thinking hurts! Not too bad at legal, but hey, no-one can be great at EVERYTHING! Can they?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)