fashion epiphanies... (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i realised that i NEVER wear pants.

in the last year i have worn pants/jeans/shorts approximately 5 times.

1. to the post office down the road in tracksuit pants because it was 4 degrees.
2. trying to pull off skinny jeans and failing
3. trying to pull of high waisted jeans and failing
4&5. wearing my karen walker paper bag pants to work.

(i'm not counting the times i wore tights to the gym, because i changed into them when i got there and felt entirely uncomfortable.)

so i dont think i EVER need to buy pants again.

(cool story, alison...)

post your fashion epiphanies, people.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i realised that i NEVER wear pants.

in the last year i have worn pants/jeans/shorts approximately 5 times.

1. to the post office down the road in tracksuit pants because it was 4 degrees.
2. trying to pull off skinny jeans and failing
3. trying to pull of high waisted jeans and failing
4&5. wearing my karen walker paper bag pants to work.

(i'm not counting the times i wore tights to the gym, because i changed into them when i got there and felt entirely uncomfortable.)

so i dont think i EVER need to buy pants again.

(cool story, alison...)

post your fashion epiphanies, people.
opposite to yours. i could probably get away with never buying a skirt or a dress ever again, since i wear them on average about twice a year.

also discovered the following -
1. there is ONE very precise shade of red that that i look good in. all other shades are the work of satan.
2. wide leg jeans are not for me.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
opposite to yours. i could probably get away with never buying a skirt or a dress ever again, since i wear them on average about twice a year.

also discovered the following -
1. there is ONE very precise shade of red that that i look good in. all other shades are the work of satan.
2. wide leg jeans are not for me.
cranberry looks quite nice on me :eek:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
purple is a flattering colour for brunettes

but i despise it like i despise wearing pink so it won't happen.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
not really an epiphany, more a way-to-state-the-fucking-obvious but it took me a while to realise :eek: - high necked tops make your tits look bigger. i totally went and bought like 7 turtlenecks and related styles when i figured this out.

yeah, i'm a bit slow, ok.

K

katie_tully

yeah, ive just realised my wardrobe has gone from all black to all bright pinks and prints.

eek. i only own one pair of high waisted pants coz they hold the flab in, but theyre terribly uncomfortable.

Jezzi

HSC
I realised I have not worn a skirt this summer at or (expect in the form of a dress). I have lived in shorts. I only wear jeans/pants in the winter and when it's cooler.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I realised that while I can actually pull off purple and green (but not together), I will never ever in a million years (even if I dye my hair brown) be able to pull off yellow in any shade.

Second realisation: day-to-day wear for me is some variation of jeans+tshirt. I'd like it to be otherwise but it just doesn't happen.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Tulipa said:
Second realisation: day-to-day wear for me is some variation of jeans+tshirt. I'd like it to be otherwise but it just doesn't happen.
same.
also i have realised (for a long time) that i can't wear black. i just can't. i look sick/dead. even when i wear other colours with it. it's tres retarded. one of the only colours in the world that goes with everything and i can't wear it. yeah, it goes with everything...except me. god, i'm such a reject.

HSC
i can't wear black shirts either, i look shithouse. i also look shitty in blue and red .. which kinda narrows down the available colours i can actually wear lol

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
it is a waste of time, money and resources to buy anything very synthetic and nasty because the materials will wear out easily and be uncomfortable/hot.

mid-rise jeans are a million times more flattering than hipsters and they will not make one look so fat as we are led to believe

smock dresses make one's legs look amazingly skinny

short people can definitely wear maxi dresses

it is useless to buy non-leather lined shoes

mis-matched things can bring out the beauty of individual garments

charity shops are the best source of interesting clothing, especially non-trendy ones

never listen to the advice of others because you will feel shit in anything that is not eally you

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i've realised that tracksuit pants and tops are really horrible looking, and i'll do my best to never wear either one out of the house again...

K

katie_tully

Tracksuits are okay for the following reasons;
- Exercise
- Ducking into Woolies at 9pm/7am
Trackies should not be worn with/as the following;
- Velour. Especially not solid colours like purple, bright pink, navy blue. Infact any colour. Velour is not a tracksuit material. GOD, I am having horrible flash backs of J Lo circa 2001.
- They should not be worn as a fashionable item. Example; Thou shall not wear tracksuits with heels or any 'stepping out' shoe.

trax2

HSC
i'm loving the high waisted denim shorts
atm. they can look hot on the right person.
loving metallics atm as well

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katie_tully said:
Tracksuits are okay for the following reasons;
- Exercise
- Ducking into Woolies at 9pm/7am
Trackies should not be worn with/as the following;
- Velour. Especially not solid colours like purple, bright pink, navy blue. Infact any colour. Velour is not a tracksuit material. GOD, I am having horrible flash backs of J Lo circa 2001.
- They should not be worn as a fashionable item. Example; Thou shall not wear tracksuits with heels or any 'stepping out' shoe.
you know what?

i've seen a lot of sights in my day, but i have NEVER beheld anyone wearing heels with tracksuit pants.

...and now i really really want to.

HSC
heaps of the american chicks at my uni wear velour juicy couture tracksuits with going out shoes, designer handbags and sunnies .. you can tell where they're from before they even open their mouths, it's great.

K

katie_tully

Oh Alley, and when you do see it, try, try, try to hold in the lulz.

Oh I know skatiekatie, I think it's all a throw back from hip hop culture, where for some unknown reason, it's acceptable to wear velour trackies as 'going out attire'

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AlleyCat said:
you know what?

i've seen a lot of sights in my day, but i have NEVER beheld anyone wearing heels with tracksuit pants.

...and now i really really want to.
i saw this once on a weird lady at a bus stop. judging from the rest of her outfit and her general air of batfuck-insanity though, i'd say it probably wasn't a thought-out decision....

and just to add to the rules about trackpants - for the love of god, if you wear them outside the house, DO wear shoes of some description, please. i see so many derelicts walking around the shops in trackies and bare feet sometimes, it's hilarious. and kinda gross.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I've realised I have about 5 red shirts on high rotation, I can't wear yellow, but I can wear pink, though I refuse to.

Agree on any point against tracksuit wearing. It is a heinous fashion crime.

And agree with Zoe about the mid-waisted pants thing. They make my hips look less wide and make my waist look longer (I have a short waist but long legs, so all those style guides say I should wear hipsters - liars)

Oh, oh! A-line skirts are super comfy and very cute and flattering for pretty much everyone.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I'd wear any colour as long as it looks good on me and suits me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)