Fasting Through The HSC (1 Viewer)

za

HSC
im fasting
its not that difficult seeing as though all our exams are in the morning
also the whole point of fasting is to test yourself and put urself in the shoes of those who are not as fortuante as you.

mate if you've alredy studied, and know your work it doesnt make a difference.

i fasted through both my 2u maths and bio exams last year and still got 94 and 95 repsectively. nekkid was also fasting and got 96 and 97 respectively, showing it doesnt make a difference.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I started it today.. I had no intention of contiuning it over exam period, but I broke it, i just cannot study without a good breakfast and lunch.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I'm not fasting this year because of the HSC, but that's just me. I don't think I could do both at the same time, especially if it's as hot as the last few days have been.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I believe someone who is a true 100% beliver with no doubts definately would,
but i don't think too many hsc people will.
we're told that we don't have to fast during special circumstances e.g. sickness and travel, so I'd classify my HSC as a 'special circumstance', and I wouldn't say it's because I'm not a 100% true believer...and as someone else said, we can always make up for it later, or give money to the poor, which is what I'll probably end up doing.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
First of all Ramadan Mubarak.

http://www.eidmubarak.com/new/cardfm.php?card=squran&cat=ramadan

I fasted on all days except when I couldn't fast or when I had an exam. Some people fasted on all days, regardless of exam or not and they still got better marks then me. I think I fasted in my last or second last exam, and went quite well.

I think it also depends on your adjustment, I mean if you fasted maybe a week before to get into the eating changes, and give your body time to adjust, you'll be able to continue fasting, or not feel hungry because your body has adjusted to the change. I noticed I didn't feel as hungry and was able to concentrate when I got used to fasting.

Considering what other people have done, for those who did fast in the past, Allah (swt) was on their side. But it took me a while to realise that ultimately, the marks won't help later on. Its possible as some people say, and it also depends on your iman and how much faith you put in Allah (swt). I regret not fasting now.

All the best with the HSC, inshallah everyone will get what they've worked for.

Last edited:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Aerials said:
no offence or anything... but whats the point at all?
It builds empathy towards the less fortunate. It is also meant to benefit the fortunate by being charitable towards them. It is one of the pillars of Islam, very important indeed.

Although I don't even believe in God/Allah, there is alot to be learned from religion, and I have much liking towards Islam in particular. As such, I plan to fast, but not now, the Quoran (Persian pronounciation :)) as far as I know allows you to postpone in such circumstances, this is after all a journey, and I believe that it is incorrect to interpret the Quoran too literaly in this case.

All the best to you all that plan on going through with it during the exams, inshalla you all succeed.

Last edited:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
It also is to learn self-discipline and self-control. If you can stop yourself from eating what is permissable then you can definitely stop yourself from committing acts that are prohibited. Its not only restraining yourself from eating, but from other desires. There are three people who's prayers are accepted, and one of this is the fasting person when they break their fast. And on the Day of Judgement, the fast and the Qur'an will intercede for a person.

By fasting you achieve self -restraint, change of habit, health improvement, patience, extends your outlook (like Bone is saying) and it strengthen ties between family, since you have the morning meal together, you break the fast together and you pray together. I think this is what Bone is saying when he/she means you learn a lot from religion.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
plus it also makes u grateful for the food you do receive and you learn to value it more as a result. It makes you wanna stop being materialistic and the like and respect what you have.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
As a devout Muslim, i will be fasting during this year's HSC.

I follow only the Quran (as it is supposed be) and in the Quran it says that you can only break your fast if you're ill or if you're travelling.

Mizuki

HSC
N/A
to the people who are not fasting cause they think they can make up for it later ~ you can't simply make up for it, of course you will have to do qada'a for your missed days, but if you miss your fast on purpose, you will also face a punishment for it in the hereafter...its about the same as intentionally missing your salat(prayer).
The month of ramadan will not wait for you, the rewards you could get from this month would take years to get in other months.

I'm doing some HSC exams this year, and I'll be fasting throughout, to a muslim, fasting should only encourage them to do better. If you truly believed, Allah would help you.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
Mizuki said:
to the people who are not fasting cause they think they can make up for it later ~ you can't simply make up for it, of course you will have to do qada'a for your missed days, but if you miss your fast on purpose, you will also face a punishment for it in the hereafter...its about the same as intentionally missing your salat(prayer).
The month of ramadan will not wait for you, the rewards you could get from this month would take years to get in other months.

I'm doing some HSC exams this year, and I'll be fasting throughout, to a muslim, fasting should only encourage them to do better. If you truly believed, Allah would help you.
yeah exactly right

rep for you young lad!

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
yeah, even though it's not my religion, i respect tradition, and commitment to a belief :)

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
fasting is an excellent detox
teaches u self discipline and strengthens ur willpower
i nearly ate a cucumber today..coz i forgot
i picked it up to put it in my mouth and my sister goes ur fasting
i was like whoops

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Rayanaldo said:
As a devout Muslim, i will be fasting during this year's HSC.

I follow only the Quran (as it is supposed be) and in the Quran it says that you can only break your fast if you're ill or if you're travelling.

Travelling?

Does an essay on journeys count?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)