Fat Blaster ??? (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
As I mensioned, what you need to do is increase your lean muscle mass, as that is the key element that determines your metabolism or the rate at which you burn fat for energy. The fastest way to increase it, is by doing anaerobic exercise and eating more soy protein, not so much animal protein.

Another important thing, is to drink at least 2-4L of water every single day, so your body doesn't hold onto water. If it does, then it won't allow your liver to metabolize as much stored fat as it's meant to, as it also has to do the work of the Kidney's.

Thirdly, never ever starve yourself or eat below your daily calorie requirements.
anaerobic exercise = exercising until lactic acid?
soy protein? beans and legumes?

yes i need to drink more water
i'm going to do 1 litre now!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
melimoo said:
anaerobic exercise = exercising until lactic acid?
soy protein? beans and legumes?

yes i need to drink more water
i'm going to do 1 litre now!
Also things such as tempeh and tofu. Although, i'm not a big fan of soy protein and i don't think a lot of people are lolz. So, i'll suggest you just drink a cup of soymilk in the morning, and just cut back on your normal protein consumption.

lolz don't drink water now! As you'll find that you'll go to the toilet for the rest of the night :eek:. Just drink it throughout the day. But yeah, sleeping early also helps a lot, as by staying awake, you force your body, esp. your liver to work overtime.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Also things such as tempeh and tofu. Although, i'm not a big fan of soy protein and i don't think a lot of people are lolz. So, i'll suggest you just drink a cup of soymilk in the morning, and just cut back on your normal protein consumption.

lolz don't drink water now! As you'll find that you'll go to the toilet for the rest of the night :eek:. Just drink it throughout the day. But yeah, sleeping early also helps a lot, as by staying awake, you force your body, esp. your liver to work overtime.
yay i'm just getting back into my soymilk
woo

and oops. too late :eek: :eek:
hahaha thanks for help

quik.

HSC
Egg whites count as protein yes, that's where most of the protein in eggs is :]

As far as muscle goes, if you go to the gym and do cardio your not gonna have much! But if you've been doing weights for a while then yeppers that's cool.

Second on the drink lots of water thing, I don't have any knowledge about it I just feel and perform better when I do.

As far as eating under daily requirements, you will have to do this in order to lose weight. You can't eat at maintenance or above and lose weight, it doesn't work like that.

Typically, for a slower and more gradual weight loss, which I would recommend if your metabolism is a bit shonky, around 250 cals under your daily maintenance will work.

Just as a bit of a side note... when you get to the weight your after, it will take a month or two of you eating at that level of maintenance for your body to recognise this weight as the new 'set point'. So don't go dieting / trying to put on some muscle around that period unless you want some undesired effects! :]

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
quik. said:
As far as eating under daily requirements, you will have to do this in order to lose weight. You can't eat at maintenance or above and lose weight, it doesn't work like that.

Typically, for a slower and more gradual weight loss, which I would recommend if your metabolism is a bit shonky, around 250 cals under your daily maintenance will work.
Sorry, i was refering to not eating at a calorie intake, where you are close to starvation :(. As long as you're getting everything you need, a lower, but balanced calorie intake, as mensioned is what will bring about effective and safe weight and fat loss. Just make sure, it never drops below 1200.

quik.

HSC
I would consider 1200 way way way too low for anyone who's not trying to like, get to an insane bodyfat % for a bodybuilding comp.

I'm a guy though, so I don't know as much about the wimminz.

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/

^ That be the 'female' site for T-Nation, one of my fav resources for training and diet and all that good stuff.

It should be able to answer all your questions and stuff about fixing your diet and everything in relation to cranking your metabolism. In fact, the most recent article listed is 'The Metabolism Repair Plan'! :]

Hope that helps.

CieL

HSC
melimoo said:
fucked as in a few months ago, now im trying to control my weight gain because im eating more calories and this made me BALLOON :(
eating healthy normal diet = kilos. trust me i tried this one
You're eating more calories?

I've seen you in the "what have you eaten today" forums several times, and your daily intake pretty much consists of one cracker and one vegetable..

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
CieL said:
You're eating more calories?

I've seen you in the "what have you eaten today" forums several times, and your daily intake pretty much consists of one cracker and one vegetable..
haha god that is sooo not true
its at least a row of crackers and assorted vegies :p

those are my good days :p but i went from eating very very little, to borderline bingeeating for december and january,during which time i put on many a kilo :(:(:(:(, and now im trying to get back to some variety of norm whilst losing all that i gained

ps guys, im on about 1.5L of water today
hoorah!

HSC
Serius said:
Impossible.

Heres how you lose weight.

eat less calories than you burn. Thats it. Simple eh?

you can do this by eating hardly anything, like a salad diet, or you can do it by working out a few hours a day, but the best option is a mixture of the two, so a healthy diet with lots of salads, lean meat etc and going for an hour job every morning.

Just remember that every single calorie you put in your body you have to burn off. Every.Single. One. You burn a certain amount of calories just sitting there being alive, like maybe 1000 a day but to burn the rest off you need to exercise. get a calorie counter book, measure all your food and then exercise that shit off.
you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. firstly a salad diet will make you sick and sad really fast, and secondly if everyone only needed 1000 calories a day, the obesity problem would be wayyyy bigger than it already is (most chicks need at least 1600 just to live, and dudes need about 2000).

i saw some thing on good morning america the other day about some new diet pill that's actually been approved by the fda, then they showed the commercial and at the end it mentioned one of the symptoms was something like 'gas with oily spotting'. yeah, farting oil to lose weight sounds AWESOME. only not really.

and melimoo .. you do need to eat more man, everytime i read one of your posts in that 'what have you eaten' thread, i seriously make this face :(:(:(

quik.

HSC
I believe the solution is to get one of your greek / lebo / ethnic friends to invite you over.

With all the relo's saying 'eat! eat!' you can't only have your crackers :]

lala2

Banned
HSC
so, say i fucked up my metabolism, and im now having to eat very few calories so i dont put on more weight...how do i kickstart it without putting on kilos so i can lose weight
bleurgh i hate my metabolism
its really fucked
I'm surprised you guys don't cover biochemistry in med science...maybe that's for another semester? Eat according to what you need--NEVER STARVE YOURSELF! Then do sustained, aerobic exercise--walking is good. Aerobic exercise actually results in you burning LCFAs (long chain fatty acids) as opposed to just a sprint or a short burst of activity which is anaerobic and results in a depletion of glucose and your white muscle and liver glycogen and creatine phosphate (yup, you can see what I've been studying lately....).

Do you have a park near your house? or alternatively, you can try to challenge yourself at uni--shorten the time taken to walk a certain path or something. It'll build up your muscles and you're burning off fat at the same time! NEVER though, do just a sprint or a short burst of activity--it will only result in your glucose levels being depleted (and no fat) and leave you feel sore afterwards if you don't cool down properly.

KirrynAlane

HSC
xoxo said:
why not?
if u dont mind me asking
Cuz my parents said i had lost enough weight i went from 65kg to 58kg, but im still not quite happy, and theyve actually allowed me to use them for a little while again.

:)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Musk said:
my mother is a doctor and she refuses to give those out

it causes liver damage via storing the fat instead of processing it
errr wat r u talking about?... i think u may have got that wrong.. u might be thinking of -statins lik lipitor
1/ it can elevate the transaminases.. but this may not be liver damage.. and it is less than 1% ..
2/ there is an RCT tat supports the use of it to treat fatty liver.. #

#- Zelber-Sagi S; Kessler A; Brazowsky E; Webb M; Lurie Y; Santo M; Leshno M; Blendis L; Halpern Z; Oren R.A double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial of orlistat for the treatment of nonalcoholic Fatty liver disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006 May;4(5):639-44. Epub 2006 Apr 17.

id shut u down.. but then the engineering thread is still making me lol

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah...are you sure that it's not something else you're talking about? What I said about Xenical came straight out of my lecturer's mouth and onto my notes but it makes sense with the oily faeces and all--it just inhibits lipases so it never gets absorbed and goes straight through.

bryd

HSC
CieL said:
lol is that a prescription drug?
What happens if you're average/under weight and you try some of those things?
don't fuck around with pills. if you are overweight go to a dietician or GP and get an exercise/diet plan that suits your body type.
and if you are not overweight stay healthy and for god's sake and EAT!
if you are actually considering trying this crap and you are average or underweight then you need to seek help. i don't mean to be nasty, i'm just concerned. i've seen a friend try and destroy herself with an eating disorder and this sort of discussion makes me sick.
especially during the stress of the HSC you need to eat a balanced diet and exercise enough but not excessively. my advice is look after yourselves and stay away from drugs (unless you have a medical issue) and wonder weight loss gimmicks.

CieL

HSC
bryd said:
don't fuck around with pills. if you are overweight go to a dietician or GP and get an exercise/diet plan that suits your body type.
and if you are not overweight stay healthy and for god's sake and EAT!
if you are actually considering trying this crap and you are average or underweight then you need to seek help. i don't mean to be nasty, i'm just concerned. i've seen a friend try and destroy herself with an eating disorder and this sort of discussion makes me sick.
especially during the stress of the HSC you need to eat a balanced diet and exercise enough but not excessively. my advice is look after yourselves and stay away from drugs (unless you have a medical issue) and wonder weight loss gimmicks.
Uh.. chill out..
I was just asking cos I had no idea what drug that was.. and judging by the way he said it, it gave me an impression that the effects were not pretty..

I'm not even trying to loose weight =.=
I can't even gain weight in the first place even though I eat more than some guys..

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I really don't suggest you take fat blaster.

My auntie was taking them a few years ago, and happened to take demazin (because she had a cold). Anyway, she had a massive heart attack and was in a coma for 5 days. Now she was only 28 when that happened, and she was in no way obese. She was just taking them to aid in her weight loss.

Now I'm not saying if you take them you'll have a massive heart attack. Ok you could call my auntie stupid for taking both tablets (demazin is a downer, fat blaster pills are an upper), but if you're not told about the dangers, then you won't know.

Seriously consider talking to a doctor or a dietician. Whatever you do, don't mix the fat blaster tablets with any other pills. You really don't wanna put your family through what my family had to go through when my auntie suffered a heart attack

bryd

HSC
CieL said:
Uh.. chill out..
I was just asking cos I had no idea what drug that was.. and judging by the way he said it, it gave me an impression that the effects were not pretty..

I'm not even trying to loose weight =.=
I can't even gain weight in the first place even though I eat more than some guys..
Yeah, point taken. Wasn’t in the best state of mind when I posted that. Was a little extreme, I just got a bit worried after reading some of those comments. Sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)