Father vs son common relationships (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
i love my dad <3

He's genuine.

edit:
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I try to make allowances for it because she has been sick for a while and i know that's part of it, but sometimes it just gets to the point where you cant deal with being berated over trivial shit all the time, if you get me. And she's fucking scary when she gets mad. She exaggerates things and will never listen to reason, her response is generally 'stfu, i'm your mother and you'll do what i say'.
I know how you feel. My mum was sick for a year or two, and she tore our relationship to peices. But she is no longer sick, and now get along fine. I think that its also we're still young and naive - i didnt exactly get the gravity of the situation, and spent years thinking "fuck she's a bitch", but she was genuinely in pain - and really needed the help.

Last edited:
HSC
i seriously love my dad, he's so awesome

except we're both stubborn as, so if we get into an argument we'll both just keep yelling at each other and getting more and more frustrated until my mum comes in and tells us to shut the fuck up.

ditto.

HSC
Skeeta said:
i love my dad <3

He's genuine.

edit:

I know how you feel. My mum was sick for a year or two, and she tore our relationship to peices. But she is no longer sick, and now get along fine. I think that its also we're still young and naive - i didnt exactly get the gravity of the situation, and spent years thinking "fuck she's a bitch", but she was genuinely in pain - and really needed the help.
oh mang, that just made me go talk to my mum and make up with her after not speaking for 3 days. :eek:

<3

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Skeeta said:
i love my dad <3

He's genuine.

edit:

:) i know what you mean. ive been trying really hard not to let it get to me, coz i love her to death. she's great when she's in a good mood. she can go into scarysuperbitch mode on a bad day though. and yeah...i know she's in pain. there's just not a whole lot i can do about it to make her comfortable :S

but yeah. mum hugs all round :eek:

chiselwick

HSC
N/A
My dad and I have an aquaintence. It's more... he's trying to mend our past...and I'm just shit scared of him. It's usually...
Him: "Hey, goodmorning."

Me: Hi.

Then we both go our separate ways for the day.

He used to be heaps violent.... like a lot of abuse went on in our home, but then I dunno he was sent to counselling and then he "tried" to ammend our relationship...but it just seems way too scary around him so I leave it at that.

My mum's an extremely strong woman. The amount of shit she's had to put up with in life... I really respect her. We always argue but that's because I'm stubborn or because she's tired and in pain.... I dunno I never really say "I love you" or "You're the best mum" ....this thread kinda makes me think I should go do that.

grue

HSC
My dad used to be an asshole. That was before we moved to Australia of course, so it's understandable because we lived in Asia back then. Long hours of work, etc. Anyway, he's cool now. He even played Guitar Hero during Christmas with me.. which was shocking. But, like many Asian families, we don't really have a father-child relationship but rather as friends.

My mum on the other hand, our relationship's been going downhill for a couple of years now. I love her and forgive her, but it's still hard to forget that she's a manipulative self-centred bitch. Not just to me mind you, but to my older sister and father too. Apparently, their marriage was a spur of the moment; she didn't want to marry this arranged marriage thing with an older coot, so my dad offered her hand in marriage instead. She doesn't love him even though he does. She's been trying to suck his money dry this past couple of years.

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Up until a year ago we basically just lived together and fought occasionally. Now we're almost insperable.

My dad and I only really become close once I moved away from uni. It's like the space allowed us to develop a respect for one another.
Personality wise we are VERY similar in how we choose to deal with conflict and difficult situations, so because of that we hardly ever fight and when we do fight we resolve it very easily.

Im very much a "daddy's girl" and I have to admit he spoils me and has always worked very hard and sacrificed everything so he can give what's best for me. But sometimes he's TOO overprotective and unrationally conservative so the only time we ever argue is because I'll want to go somewhere and he'll say no as f he owns me, but we always reach comprimise.

The only thing that really saddens me is that all my relationships have to be behind his back as he doesn't think boyfriend is necessary and kicks up a stink, a HUGE stink, as in "Leave him or leave home" kind of stink.

He's the ONLY person who can make me cry, not because he ever hurts me, but when we don't understand each other or I'm a bitch to him it's the only time I ever feel guilty and as if I'm wrecking somethnig that's special to me.

And i think in a way we're very much bonded over our mutual hate for my mum and brother.

My mum and brother are 2 of the most evil and irrational human beings you are ever likely to meet. Like seriously fucked up. That's all.

Legham

HSC
I like my dad. He surfs, which is awesome cause he can keep me up to date on what the waves are doing without me having to go out on the balcony and look, or drive down to one of the other beaches. Also, he lets me use his credit card to buy shit off the internet whenever i want, which is handy for sites that don't accept paypal.. And he doesnt mind me swearing, to an extent.. Annd, we never argue or anything..

Duuude

HSC
I hate my dad. I used to have a good relationship with him. Now when he talks to me I don't talk back. He doesn't like me because I'm gay but I don't really care what he says. He realises that the reason that I'm gay is that he hasn't spent any time with me. If my dad died tommorow I wouldn't care.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Wow, I now see how lucky I am that I get along with both parents. I love my parents so much. They're always there for me, and I'm always there for them. I do my best to show my parents that I am an adult, and they are starting to treat me as one. Having said that, they still fear for my safety and don't let me do things that other people do (like clubbing, but it's not like I'd want to go, because I did go once for a birthday and I didn't like it), but I do understand their reasons.

I love my dad. He looks scary and he is strict, but I'm not scared of him and most of the time I get what I want. I used to be scared of my dad, but I appreciate the way he raised me and I have total respect for him. I think he gets scared of me sometimes (he said that to my mum once)! He talks to me about my siblings and how they behave (he always gets angry about my eldest brother because he does stupid things and acts like a child). I don't think he sees anything wrong with me.

I love my mum. I can talk to her about anything (now... before I didn't dare talk to her about guys, but that's because I wasn't ready to and I thought she'd tell my dad). My mum is 23 years older than me and is so cool! She has fashion sense and knows what looks good on me. Like my dad, she is always there for me.

My sister gets pissed off sometimes, complaining about how I never get in trouble and about how my parents love me so much. She sometimes tells me to quit being so good! I tell her that I never get in trouble because I don't do anything wrong, and I'm setting an example for her.

sleepplease

HSC
Tres Bien - it made me happy to read your post :)

I love both my parents but would prefer not to live with them. Mum's fucked up mentally in a big way, which isn't her fault but makes it difficult to live with her. She was severly depressed/suicidal for a while but she recovered pretty well from that, except that she hates me and tries to destroy my life. She repeatedly rings my teachers at school to find out my marks and then to tell them that I'm going crazy and need special care (she's also tried to convince my ext. family that Im going crazy), I'm lucky that my school is so supportive. She goes through my things and when I was away from home she read all my diaries, letters from friends, and hacked into my email. I love her because I know she only does this because she is hurting.. but it's so hard to live with. (I was meant to be moving out this year but now that my dad is threatening to leave her I have to stay to make sure she doesnt do something stupid.)

My Dad used to be my best friend. He was one of those incredibly loving, funny guys - such a softie and I was "Daddy's little girl". It changed when stuff got REALLY bad with me and mum because he said I was destroying the family by not just shutting up and taking it. Now he's always really agressive and it's scary to be with him. Which is sad, because I know that's not who he really is, and I really really really love (and miss) my dad.

But, I dunno, I was told once that wherever there is love there is a solution... so I'm still hanging out for something good to come of all this.

For those of you with tense parent - child relationships, hang in there and *hugs* :)

J

jhakka

My dad is awesome. We went to the footy yesterday and have both season tickets (for the third year in a row). I get along really well with both of my parents, and enjoy hanging out with both of them.

faov

HSC
Ok, I love my father much more than my mom. My mom tells me how I'm fat, require cosmetic surgery on my nose, how I'm the only gay guy that will never have a boyfriend, that I'm the stupidest person she's ever met, how all her friends have more attractive sons, how I should only write with a Mont Blanc pen, etc. When I went to Milan for summer she attempted to lock me in our penthouse for 3 months solely because my braces were annoying her. She's very critical, irrational and not at all friendly or approachable.

My dad, however, is kind, understanding and intelligent. He isn't oblivious to everything like my mom is and he is tolerant of things (e.g. I can use my laptop without the tapping of the keys irritating him, whereas my mom smashed my iMac 2 years ago for being noisy, thus I need a laptop now so I can runaway with it if she approaches me). My parents aren't homophobic, thank god, and I love them both dearly, it's just my dad is much nicer.

skynet89

HSC
yeah i hate my dad, he left me when i was 4, i have no recollection of anything with him and he called me recently asking to go out kinda thing. i just have no connection with him so its retarded. same with mum to an extent, she had full time work 12 hour shift days 7 days a week so i saw her for like an hour a day at the end of the night from when i was 8-17 so in a way i dont hate her but theres no connection cause we've never had a normal relationship like other families. lucky i turned out half sane

munchybuddy

HSC
My parents broke up wen i waz 2.. My mum is figgen awesome she is strong and down to eaarth, just a normal person.
My dad on the other hand is a rich, pompous prick who expects the whole world to worship him. He is remarried to this snobby bitch, and they have two snobby children together (a.k.a my 1/2 sisters)
He neva visits me or calls so instead of actually spending time with me he gives me his dirty money and thinks its all ok. I cant fuking stand him sumtimes. He is rude to everyone and thinks he is betta than everyone else. Wen i go to his house and visit i feel so uncomfortable because they are all so posh and rich and i am so not!!!
I cant stand it wen sum people hav these great dads and they complain about them- ne1 wanna swap???

munchybuddy

HSC
skynet89 said:
yeah i hate my dad, he left me when i was 4, i have no recollection of anything with him and he called me recently asking to go out kinda thing. i just have no connection with him so its retarded. same with mum to an extent, she had full time work 12 hour shift days 7 days a week so i saw her for like an hour a day at the end of the night from when i was 8-17 so in a way i dont hate her but theres no connection cause we've never had a normal relationship like other families. lucky i turned out half sane
Did u eva think that the reason u didnt c ur mum was because she was always workin so hard to keep a roof over your head and earn money to afford nice things. Respect her for how hard she has worked. No-ones perfect but im sure it wasnt easy raising someone on her own

faov

HSC
munchybuddy said:
My parents broke up wen i waz 2.. My mum is figgen awesome she is strong and down to eaarth, just a normal person.
My dad on the other hand is a rich, pompous prick who expects the whole world to worship him. He is remarried to this snobby bitch, and they have two snobby children together (a.k.a my 1/2 sisters)
He neva visits me or calls so instead of actually spending time with me he gives me his dirty money and thinks its all ok. I cant fuking stand him sumtimes. He is rude to everyone and thinks he is betta than everyone else. Wen i go to his house and visit i feel so uncomfortable because they are all so posh and rich and i am so not!!!
I cant stand it wen sum people hav these great dads and they complain about them- ne1 wanna swap???
Don't be so harsh on your father! It's just as difficult for him to tolerate you as it is for you to tolerate him. There - you share something in common. He gives you money, great. He treats you well. Maybe he isn't perfect but he certainly isn't a "prick".

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
well, I love both of my parents. I don't know where I'd be without my mum. <3 there are certain attributes of my father that I don't respect at all, and if I'm upset it's 9 times out of 10 because of him. But both him and my mum have to deal with a lot of shit most parents don't have to, plus my dad's overseas a lot so I get that break from him which really helps. so yeah, there aren't any real complaints from me right now.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I dad can be a fucking moronic, bigheaded ashole at times, but he never does any thing to try and hurt someoe, and he's a decent person. I get along with him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)