Fav Bible Quotes/Verses (1 Viewer)

brendan11

HSC
hmmm...ill get the ball rolling

• 1 Timothy 4:12 - Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but instead set an example for the believersª in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity [TNIV]

what this means is that just becasue you are young dosent mean you cant do mericals, it also means that in our speech NOT to swaer/cus etc and in everything you do, do it to your fullest and show every1 that is older than you that you can do great things. In your love, to make sure it has PURE intensions and everytime you do something for sum1 think about why you did it, and that faith without actions is pointless.

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
As much as I enjoy quotes from fiction, I can't remember any bible quotes off the top of my head at the moment.

lengy

HSC
"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death." - Exodus 31:14-15 (NLT)

brendan11

HSC
read my 1st post again

i finished it...it was incomplete because my mum started to tell me 2 go 2 bed :p

"honor thy mother and thy father" sorry i dont kno the verse 4 that 1 :p

lengy

HSC
"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." - Leviticus 20:9

"Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death." - Exodus 21:17

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." - Matthew 10:37

"For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law — a man's enemies will be the members of his own household." - Matthew 10:35-36

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law." - Luke 12:49-53

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters — yes, even his own life — he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

"Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him." - 1 John 3:15

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
"For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being Saved it is The Kingdom of God"

1 Cor 1:18

EmperorHirohito

HSC
lengy said:
"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death." - Exodus 31:14-15 (NLT)
This verse intrigued me. Why didn't most X-tians observe the seventh-day and observe sunday (first day of the week) instead? :confused:

Legham

HSC
Deuteronomy 12:16
But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.
A great quote.. Really stuck with my back in my cannibal years..

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Legham said:
Deuteronomy 12:16

But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.

A great quote.. Really stuck with my back in my cannibal years..
Umm it refers to the blood of animals, not humans

Legham

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Umm it refers to the blood of animals, not humans
Thats only if you read the other bits leading up to it, and following from it.. Screw that.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Love is patient, Love is kind,
It does not envy, it does not boast,
It is not proud, It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

L o v e N e v e r F a i l s.

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Corinthians 13 : 4 - 8 [/FONT]​

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Proverbs 21:19

"Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife"

I'll keep that in mind :D

-P_D

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
withoutaface said:
Lev 18:22 is pretty tops.
Lol, i actually bothered to look this up:

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable"

-P_D

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
What's that verse meant to mean to female readers anyway?
Let's all be lesbians?

tigerian

HSC
N/A
EmperorHirohito said:
This verse intrigued me. Why didn't most X-tians observe the seventh-day and observe sunday (first day of the week) instead? :confused:
Its because Sunday is the day Jesus rose from the dead so we celebrate Sunday as the day set aside to worship (which is what was intended by setting a day apart for worship)

aussiechica7

HSC
"After fasting for 40 days and nights, Jesus was hungry."

No... really?

Oh, and

"Save me, O God, for men hotly pursue me."
(The first half of a verse in a psalm somewhere).

Sorry, can't remember the references.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)