favourite ads.... (1 Viewer)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Hmm, dunno if NSW has these ads, bu anyway:

The ad on TV promoting Deeko serviettes where the little boy offers to recite a poem he learned at kinder for his Nana at Nana's birthday party - "The boy stood on the burning deck, his pockets full of crackers . . ." Just before he gets to the last word, his mother covers his mouth with a serviette and says "serviette, anyone?".

I love the the ad, which is for ham, where the lady is sampling ham in the supermarket and turns to the crowd of shoppers behind her, with a look of horror on her face, to scare them off,so she can have all the ham to herself.

Another favourite is the one they trot out every year for the cut-off date for Yellow Pages advertising - the "not happy Jan" ad. Brilliant and it still makes me laugh every time I see it.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
the honda ad where the things knock over other things etc. and finally the car drives away... that ad rules
i saw this one, with a guy fighting a bear, im not sure what it was for, but it was funny!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Yeah i liked that cheerleading old lady, but i think i remember the ads i hate more than the ads i like.
AND YEAH! mojoman! that's my favouritest ad of all time.
Yeah the guy fighting the bear was a john west tuna ad. That was mad too. The bear sidekicked the guy!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
what about the bundy rum one (i think its bundy) with the polar bear...their pretty cool
and the one where the guys are out on the boat and the mum scuba dives up and their packing themselves and then she pops up and one of the guys goes 'its ya mum!'

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by bluesky100
Hmm, dunno if NSW has these ads, bu anyway:

The ad on TV promoting Deeko serviettes where the little boy offers to recite a poem he learned at kinder for his Nana at Nana's birthday party - "The boy stood on the burning deck, his pockets full of crackers . . ." Just before he gets to the last word, his mother covers his mouth with a serviette and says "serviette, anyone?"...
so why does the mother cover the boys mouth for?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i have seen that ad

i think....
she covers it because it sounds like the next word he is going to say is rude, but for some reason reading that quot ei haven't been able to pick that up

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by bluesky100
I love the the ad, which is for ham, where the lady is sampling ham in the supermarket and turns to the crowd of shoppers behind her, with a look of horror on her face, to scare them off,so she can have all the ham to herself.

Another favourite is the one they trot out every year for the cut-off date for Yellow Pages advertising - the "not happy Jan" ad. Brilliant and it still makes me laugh every time I see it.
the 1st i havent seen, the 2nd i havent seen for a couple of years.
funny "not happy jan" is a line everyone uses now

and the hahn one is great
the tongue one is memorable

Andrea86

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
i also like the greenseas tuna ad- and how they're 99% fat free from running away from sharks. :D
hahaha yeah, that's a good ad :D

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I liked that one advertising skiddles I think...
That grandma is so funny!
"Yo Yo Yo check it, I'm a bad grandma..." LOL!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
so why does the mother cover the boys mouth for?
I know its a fews days late, but there is a few versions of it:

The boy stood on the burning deck,
With a pocket full of crackers.
One went off, two went off,
And burnt his little knackers.

OR

The boy stood on the burning deck,
With a pocket full of crackers.
A flame shot up his leg,
And blew off his knackers.

izi

HSC
"text me for just 5 cents... so we can get steamy, while staying thrifty"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)