• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Favourite band(s) (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
why is there a difference between composers and songwriters? its all about the invention of melody isnt it?
I am highly insulted by this. As a composer, I resent being compared to some shit songwriter. Composers work with harmonies, instrumentation, rhythms and many other facets of music creation. Songwriters are like a bastardised version of composers, in that they only work in one Tiny area of composition.

SitDownStandUp

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
I am highly insulted by this. As a composer, I resent being compared to some shit songwriter. Composers work with harmonies, instrumentation, rhythms and many other facets of music creation. Songwriters are like a bastardised version of composers, in that they only work in one Tiny area of composition.
Surely your favourite band's songwriter isn't 'shit'?.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
Phanatical said:
i dont giv a shit about what u think.... ur a composer, LOSER!!!! you argue on everything, u sack of crap... i think mozart was religious, he wouldn't want christianity banned.. im sure bach was christian...
U SUCK

saves.the.day

HSC
dave_119 said:
i dont giv a shit about what u think.... ur a composer, LOSER!!!! you argue on everything, u sack of crap... i think mozart was religious, he wouldn't want christianity banned.. im sure bach was christian...
U SUCK
Hi, I just got really curious so I have to ask: what does bach and mozart being religious or christian have anything to do with Phanatical being a composer?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Artfag, I've always wondered this - is you're avatar a malformed penis? Or a guy tied up.. or what? I haven't quite been able to figure it out. :rolleyes:

HSC
Phanatical said:
that is the most increadibly arrogant thing i have read in a long time. just because classical composers have more prestige surrounding them, doesnt mean that the work of pop/rock writers is any less valid. Your arguments are all moot anyway because ALL songwriters have to deal with "harmonies, instrumentation, rhythms and many other facets of music creation.", its only that better writers are more adept at utilising them. and besides, all forms of composition have rules to follow, so i don't see how you can differentiate between writing for classical music (which has more complex rules like counterpoint for instance) and pop music.

the end

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Best band in the world? .............

# REM
@ Midnight Oil
^ U2
* Meat Loaf
& The Living End

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Woah...with the legion of Radiohead fans on this board, I would have expected at least one vote for them. In my opinion, the best bands (as it is way too difficult to award a clear-cut winner) are:

- TISM
- Avril Lavigne
- Frenzal Rhomb
- Anal Cunt
- Group X
- Devo
- Counting Crows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)