• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Favourite band(s) (1 Viewer)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont trust that site that says radiohead suck because he has a lazy eye....its just crap on artists and the industry

ratm better than unwritten law though indeed

mack

Banned
HSC
Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
In Flames
Children of Bodom

Who compared Blink 182 to Pearl Jam? I am on my way to your house with a chainsaw.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
id agree with everything on that SA site ;p

hrmmm

slayer
metallica
megadeth
deicide
cannibal corpse
ministry
fear factory
id agree with RHCP and beatles too

Auto Wah

SLAYER on the top of the list!!!

Nine Inch Nails
Megadeth
Nirvana
Alice in Chains
Alice Cooper
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Motorhead
Stone Temple Pilots
Suicidal Tendencies
The Cure
The Misfits
Stevie Ray Vaugh
Beethoven
Paganini
oh yeah, and Metallica

wanton-wonton

HSC
Auto Wah said:
SLAYER on the top of the list!!!

Nine Inch Nails
Megadeth
Nirvana
Alice in Chains
Alice Cooper
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Motorhead
Stone Temple Pilots
Suicidal Tendencies
The Cure
The Misfits
Stevie Ray Vaugh
Beethoven
Paganini
oh yeah, and Metallica
beethoven isn't a band.

EDIT* i'd say that over half the people that listens to Slayer only listen to the music because its aggressive and to a certain extent, fast, and think they are so fucking hardcore listening to thrash/black metal, especially listening to it on public transport and shit like that. Those guys I reckon are just sad, if you are one of them, then yes, you are sad.

But on the other hand, there are people who are true slayer fans, i'm not one of them, but I still lreckon most of their albums are pretty good, even the later ones.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
wanton-wonton said:
beethoven isn't a band.

EDIT* i'd say that over half the people that listens to Slayer only listen to the music because its aggressive and to a certain extent, fast, and think they are so fucking hardcore listening to thrash/black metal, especially listening to it on public transport and shit like that. Those guys I reckon are just sad, if you are one of them, then yes, you are sad.

But on the other hand, there are people who are true slayer fans, i'm not one of them, but I still lreckon most of their albums are pretty good, even the later ones.
Same goes for a lot of Metallica fans too really, doesn't it?

I mean, I'm not the biggest Metallica fan in the world (they weren't bad at the big day out though) but I do like certain songs, such as "Fade to Black" "Unforgiven/Unforgiven II", "Enter Sandman" "Master of Puppets" "For Whom the bell tolls" "Mama said" "One" "Fuel" "Sad but True" "Nothing Else Matters" and... bah, quite a few. But a majority of Metallica fans are like (note the exaggeration here) "OMG YOU LIKE NEW METALLICA STUFF LIKE FUEL YOU FAG THE ONLY GOOD METALLICA STUFF IS THEIR OLD SHIT FROM THEIR FIRST THREE ALBUMS DONT YOU KNOW ANYTHING?" or something along those lines.

Apparently I can't say "I like Metallica" without being in love with Kill Em' All. I own it, but I can't say I like it.

So now the big Metallica-fan-mafia has forced me to just type out individual metallica songs that I like cuz they won't let me say "I like Metallica".

Metallica own Slayer though.

And Nine Inch Nails are still the best band.

wanton-wonton

HSC
ShatteredDreams said:
Same goes for a lot of Metallica fans too really, doesn't it?

I mean, I'm not the biggest Metallica fan in the world (they weren't bad at the big day out though) but I do like certain songs, such as "Fade to Black" "Unforgiven/Unforgiven II", "Enter Sandman" "Master of Puppets" "For Whom the bell tolls" "Mama said" "One" "Fuel" "Sad but True" "Nothing Else Matters" and... bah, quite a few. But a majority of Metallica fans are like (note the exaggeration here) "OMG YOU LIKE NEW METALLICA STUFF LIKE FUEL YOU FAG THE ONLY GOOD METALLICA STUFF IS THEIR OLD SHIT FROM THEIR FIRST THREE ALBUMS DONT YOU KNOW ANYTHING?" or something along those lines.

well then you wouldn't really call them fans, would ya now?...just someone who thinks they know what is better for everyone else. and yes, their old stuff IS better IMO but i just feel sorry for the dudes who think that ONLY their old stuff is good.

ShatteredDreams said:
they sureeee do!!

Colgs

HSC
(in no order, correct at time of posting ;) )

Converge
Pink Floyd
Leftover Crack
Refused
Against me!

Colgs

HSC
Yeah I did, the crowd was somewhat, uhmmm, subdued*... I was at the Annandale, front row represent.

*They spent more time styling their stupid hair up the back on the couches than actually watching the band.

Colgs

HSC
YOU DARED TO MISS CONATION!?

I was at Conations show on Oct. 8th at the Arncliffe, I was the drunk person.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
are we bound by contemporary musical parametres, or can i suggest the london symphony orchestra

Auto Wah

Nobody owns Slayer, you know as well as i do. I'm a true Slayer fan, not only because i have all their albums and i know their songs from back to front but i really like Tom Araya's Vocal. It's unique, unlike bands such as Opeth, Testament, Cannibal Corpse, Slipknot etc, where one vocal sounds exactly the fucking same from another.

I like Metallica because the combination of Heavy Metal and blues. It really is a big disappointment when i heard St Anger, i just couldn't believe it. All the lyrics are about fighting for fucking rehab and shit. James Heitfield should start drinking again and write kick ass songs. I'm not saying only the first three albums are the best and true metallica fans should only listen to such and such albums. But in my opinion, Ride the lightening, Master of puppet, and justice for all, and the black album are the pinnicle of metallica, from that onwards they just went downhill.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Auto Wah said:
James Heitfield should start drinking again and write kick ass songs. I'm not saying only the first three albums are the best and true metallica fans should only listen to such and such albums. But in my opinion, Ride the lightening, Master of puppet, and justice for all, and the black album are the pinnicle of metallica, from that onwards they just went downhill.
i guess musicians dont write as well as they're sober, but yeh i agree, some old-school kick ass thrash/heavy metal would be good again. but on the other hand...he's in his fucking 40s with a family, you can't expect the dude to drink and go wild like he used to...oh how times change..

and they only went downhill 'cause some of the fans consider them selling out because they dared to experiment, i dun wanna start the selling-out debate shit cause i've heard it soo many times...anyway, commercially, they sorta did go downhill.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
welshi said:
ahem. beatles. countless millions can't be wrong.
Thats what they said about nazism, feminism, communism.....

jkz :p Beatles are gg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)