Favourite Character? (1 Viewer)

Trillium

HSC
Swallow from Isobeele Carmody's Obernewtyn chronicles.

Hyacinthe from Jacqueline Careys Kushiels trilogy

Remus from Harry Potter... though i have to say that love has more to do with Shoebox than JK Rowling.

Crowly and Azriphale from Terry Pratchett/ Neil Gainman's Good Omens. They tie.

~Trill

Just_a_Second

HSC
I love so many characters, Iago from Othello, the Fool from King Lear. There is Gollum from Lord of the Rings, Sirius from Harry Potter. Damin Wolfblade from the Demonchild triology and Dirk from Second Sons trilogy, both by Jennifer Fallon. Dide and Asrohc from Kate Forsyth and Temeraire from Temeraire by Naomi Novik.
And UnIqUe_PrInCeSs, you probably don't love Malfoy, you love Tom Felton, with good reason.

Do you find that a lot of your favourite characters are really just the same character in different context?

Trillium

HSC
Damin Wolfblade from the Demonchild triology
<3!!!
Damin is gorgeous *^_^*
Have you read the Wolfblade trilogy? It's pretty darn cool as well, especially if you like Damin.

And that reminds me... Lucivar from Anne Bishops Black Jewels trilogy. Yasi!
~Trill

SharkBait

HSC
the woman from the bride stripped bare. not sure if she has a name. i blieve the book is entirely written in second person....so dont think the author's eva mentioned her name. but i luv her...coz of her raw emotions and also, i think lots of women out there feel her character...but wud neva openly admit it to anyone. applause for the author's courage to write it in words. although quite bold. i highly recommend the book, altho its might offend/shock a few....but i just admire her writing style...its sooo elegant and poetic.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
At present it has to be Horatio Hornblower from C. S. Foresters books of the same name, he is so awesome and fearless but so immature and compulsive, his character is just fantastically designed/written

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I seriously can't understand why everyone loves bloody Caulfield so much. He's freaking annoying in that book and I was sick of him by the end of it.

G

genavania

Caulfield is the best. he says all these little phrases that make him so loveable. like when he says "it killed me" when he thinks its funny.

i reckon its an awesome book

my fave character is Emma from Emma. my entire class who we are studying it with hates her and im the only one who knows how she feels.

renton

HSC
Definitely mark renton from trainspotting, but a close 2nd would be raoul duke from fear and loathing in las vegas

walrusbear

HSC
The Card Cheat said:
Francis Begbie from Trainspotting. And Robert Carlyle furthered my love for this character.
hehe he is such a fucking arsehole
brilliant scene in the movie when he's playing pool and tears the felt; proceeds to blame a nerd in the corner and bashes him

there was an even more degrading moment in the book where he literally fucks a mound of dirt, if memory serves...

HSC
walrusbear said:
there was an even more degrading moment in the book where he literally fucks a mound of dirt, if memory serves...
Ahahaha yeah, when they were kids and they're watching some girl running. Ahh, Begbie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)