Favourite historian? (1 Viewer)

pranks85

We were pretty lucky, we just scraped in with a class. It was offline last term, but now we actually get timetabled periods.

Our classes on the "what is history" topic usually ended up as arguments over whether truth existed or not. Being one of the major participants, let me just say I never want to deal with that topic again!!! Abt a week before the assessment last term, everyone got scared and we all started studying....but that was abt it. It was cool :)

you have a senior common room?!? oh the luxury...

and pranks85 you have timetabled periods? how excellent! it's getting hard for us to have arguments at the moment actually, because in our class of 6 only two of us are definitely staying, and the others who are 'thinking of dropping' aren't really getting into the whole subject, if you know what i mean?

we're starting elton next week... after all i've read here it should be.. fun? commager was interesting and really useful for the project

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
haha bloody elton... maybe you'll like him more than i did... im sure it didnt help that i left it to the last night of the xmas holidays to read his 2000 (exaggeration) page thing...

Cara

i think my fav. would have to be David Irving, he goes on with so much crap that it is humorous to read

has anyone got any good notes/summaries on historians or know where to find any?

making summaries is my holiday 'job' - it seems like a relatively easy job with history, as compared to other subjects. i'm thinking a page or two for each historian and their views - has anyone started doing this? malayz angel - u said ur teacher photocopied notes for everyone... would u consider putting some of them up here? :shy:

miguel_fugdey

In The Closet (the broom closet, not the gay close
thats seriously a great idea pene, but i suffer from the same little problem that snakeoil does...there only beign 3 people in my class, we dont have out own copies (and its a big effort printing up the whole thing from that site)...and good idea about malayz' notes

ps. i enjoyed elton, once i got over the fact that he's a hypocrite

spratt_jg

My teacher told us his favorite was Evans, and that we should all use a bit from him in our exams.
It's basically a bigger, better version of Warren, but written with a slight modernist bias...and there's plently of constructive critisicm of PMs in Evans that'd be good to use in the exam.

malayz_angel

Senior common room? Lol. Our school probably won't get one until twenty years after we graduate!

About the notes...lol...I don't know how I'm going to post them up but if I'm in a generous mood, I'll type them up manually for you. Shall we say $20 per historian?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)