Favourite item of clothing (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
For what? I think most luxury brands target annual price increases far beyond inflation.
Well for example, those birkin bags. Why not increase the price instead of artificially limiting supply? That way you aren't losing money to rich people who are willing to pay big bucks for one, and you are still keeping the number of them in circulation low, unless loads of rich people want to pay huge amounts of money for them, in which case you'll be making more money.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well for example, those birkin bags. Why not increase the price instead of artificially limiting supply? That way you aren't losing money to rich people who are willing to pay big bucks for one, and you are still keeping the number of them in circulation low, unless loads of rich people want to pay huge amounts of money for them, in which case you'll be making more money.
great question. I can only assume it’s a very finely calculated balancing act. Keep in mind though that the bags are not homogeneous so it’s not always as straightforward as changing price or limiting supply, but I’m sure that someone smarter than me has worked out what volume of sales they want in order to maintain exclusivity but also still have it just within the realms of attainable for the wealthy/elite as opposed to just a cash grab rip off.

HSC
i wore my school uniform today for the first time in 16 weeks and man was it uncomfortable

they use such cheap shitty materials for uniforms and have the balls to charge ridiculously high prices like gtfo of here
I cannot wait to do the same in the next week!

I agree, the materials they use aren't shitty, but they are cheap in price. My blouse is mostly polyester and about 15% spandex and then my kilt is mostly polyester and then cotton. It was $300-400 (cannot remember) for the full uniform which includes a blouse, kilt, socks (yes, my school has it's own socks that you need to wear) and a blazer. If my school didn't change distributors last year, the prices wouldn't be as stupid and it would be easier to buy the uniforms brand new.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I cannot wait to do the same in the next week!

I agree, the materials they use aren't shitty, but they are cheap in price. My blouse is mostly polyester and about 15% spandex and then my kilt is mostly polyester and then cotton. It was $300-400 (cannot remember) for the full uniform which includes a blouse, kilt, socks (yes, my school has it's own socks that you need to wear) and a blazer. If my school didn't change distributors last year, the prices wouldn't be as stupid and it would be easier to buy the uniforms brand new.
I wonder how much of a difference there is between private and public school uniforms. I went to a small religious private school and remember my parents relief when I went to a public school after when it came to uniform pricing.

uniqueusername1

HSC
mfs are the biggest scammers bro they got the whole business planned out
mate I can make the same uniform with $5 AUD ngl. I produced an identical copy and no one noticed lol. All I had to do was spend 200 rupees and show the guy the school logo...hehehehe

Just contact a random supplier from an asian country.

HSC
I wonder how much of a difference there is between private and public school uniforms. I went to a small religious private school and remember my parents relief when I went to a public school after when it came to uniform pricing.
Same here. It seems easier to get a public school uniform. In primary school, (Catholic). The sports girl's uniform was a polo shirt with the logo of the school and then the option of wearing a skirt or a skort for pants. I can remember going down to Best & Less and buying my skort and it wasn't even bad quality and it didn't much at all.

mate I can make the same uniform with $5 AUD ngl. I produced an identical copy and no one noticed lol. All I had to do was spend 200 rupees and show the guy the school logo...hehehehe

Just contact a random supplier from an asian country.
I hope this story is real. It is very funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)