Favourite Lecturer / Tutor ? (1 Viewer)

ichiraku

HSC
Patrick De Permentier - excellent lecturer and demonstrator. We were determined to hate him after he told us in the first lecture that he didn't use WebCT (not even to post announcements). It was a good strategy though as it got all of us to go to his lectures/labs and damn were they good. He also gave out the best lecture notes I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Just found out he won the Award for Innovation in Learning and Teaching within the Med faculty in 2008.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Has anyone had a Dr. CC Tisdell for maths?

I gotta choose between Tisdell and Pahor, i know pahor is a genius at teaching, all i know about tisdell is that my friends from school are in his lectures. How is he at teaching?

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
My Favourite is my Summer session Physics Lecturer
His name is Alex Von Brasch.
yes! i had him for summer session physics last year and he was great! he has a really annoying habit of breathing his Ps and Bs into the mic though.....

i'm basically looking at 2 things in a lecturer:

• the ability to teach and communicate well
  • evidence of them having made some effort beforehand

if a lecturer has both (which is surprisingly rare!) then the classes are much more enjoyable

I've enjoyed Milan Pahor, Peter Brown, Alex von Brasch (physics/elec eng) and the guy who runs GENC3003 (personal financial planning - a great gen ed if you're stuck for choosing one)

but at the end of the day, your performance at uni is determined by how many lectures/tutes you actually attend and how much work you do through the semester

good luck for uni, and enjoy the rest of your holidays :)

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
i'm basically looking at 2 things in a lecturer:

• the ability to teach and communicate well
  • evidence of them having made some effort beforehand

if a lecturer has both (which is surprisingly rare!) then the classes are much more enjoyable
Definitely agree with this. And I'd like to add the lecturer I mentioned earlier was not only because she is amazingly cool, but she had both of those criteria and even managed to make quite possibly the most boring subject on earth (which she admitted was boring to even herself) somewhat interesting by making heavy connections with topics she knew we found interesting. She literally asked the lecture a number of times 'so what do you guys want to learn about?'.

Love her :eek:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: Favourite Lecturer / Tutor ?

More epic than Milan Pahor?

plus tisdell's lecture clashes with my other stuff, and i just made myself a friday off, so i guess i'll stick with milans lecture anyways, since its now my only option.
Yes,
If you can't go for Chris Tisdell, then Milan is good enough.
Milan should be the benchmark for good lecturers at UNSW or anywhere else anyway.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Rahcida Ouysse,

Awesome lecturer for Econometrics. She is nice, gives out marks generously. One of the few classes that I got HD in.

The main reason I like her though is that she has bootay!!1 She has a great ass, it's pretty serious biz, it was a very big distraction the entire semester, it also didn't help that she wore clothes that showed off every detail..Yo, look out, dangerous curves ahead. She's also married, so I take comfort in knowing that atleast one guy is getting to hit that on a regular basis.

What the hell. She wrote the most retarded mid-semester and finals exams in the whole world for QMA in Semester 1. There were THREE mistakes in a TWENTY question multiple choice mid-semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)