• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Favourite Note/Scale (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
This thread reminds me of a skit on sketch show, where the bald guy asks the waiter if he has anything with an Gb in it :p

Maveryck

A Double Harmonic scale.

A Bb C# D E F G#

Great for improvising on classical guitar... has that Spanish/Middle-Eastern feel to it. :)

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by enak
This thread reminds me of a skit on sketch show, where the bald guy asks the waiter if he has anything with an Gb in it :p
Yeah!!! That was beautiful... HAHA. :lol:

Originally posted by Maveryck
A Double Harmonic scale.

A Bb C# D E F G#

Great for improvising on classical guitar... has that Spanish/Middle-Eastern feel to it. :)
Oooh, very nice.

Lately I'm stuck on my boring Db major progression I IV V I VI V V7 I -ish. - it's my rainy-day-sitting-at-a-piano-with-a-warm-cuppa-looking-out-the-window scale.

NEED TO GET OUT OF TONAL BRAIN!

cayte

Not necessarily to listen to, but to fly up a piano on F# major and minor similar motion gives your hands a feeling of power. E contrary motion scales are so fun too, so perfet i their parallel motion. But I've always had a soft-spot for A minor. And my favourite notes float around G.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I've started fiddling with some music for church and am now stuck in in Cmajor, Gmajor, Fmajor... and various chord progressions there... most boring.. but it has to be done

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Anything in minor always gives me a shudder down the spine when done right, as well as giving me the biggest sad atmosphere

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by PrincessSJ
I've started fiddling with some music for church and am now stuck in in Cmajor, Gmajor, Fmajor... and various chord progressions there... most boring.. but it has to be done
Oh gawd, Church music has to be the most boring music in the world. Every praise/worship 'song' writer is stuck in the ruts of D/Eb/E major with no capacity for anything else.

There's a really lovely suspension in one of Schumann's Lieder ('Dichterliebe' I think?? - the first one I htink), and the tension created is just yummy.

fingolfin101

I know her personally and she meant harmonic minor... so yeah she meant the g#

But regardless of scale i like chordal movement of just 1st to 4th over and over again.
Also, Sigur Ros have this fantastic song (untitlied no 4) where it just moves from 4th to 1st to 5th... Like

( In C Major )

| F i i i | C i G i :|

fingolfin101

Stalking is probably in my top 5 good hobbies that i have fun doing... and yeah your fun to stalk.

But I don't know... whats the difference between a C minor and a D minor. Don't they sound exactly the same?
Exept maybe i dunno frequency or what ever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)