favourite song at the moment. (1 Viewer)

Shanjuan

My favourite songs at the moment are:

- Pearl Jam "Jeremy"
- Fozzy "Balls To The Walls"
- Reel Big Fish "You need this"

Mia

xero and floush's girl i love both your tastes in music........im trippy mellow stuff, but i cant go past a good punk song!

my list goes

7)goodbye 28 days
6)sister awake by ben harper
5) truth or dare by N.E.R.D.
4)anything by hole
3)shiver by the screeming jets
2)flake by jack johnstone
1)teen spirt (the tori amos cover)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
damn i hate selwyn :mad: (sorry if you like him, but that's just how it is)

fave song of the moment is by front end loader -- they're trying to kill me.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by saladsugery
damn i hate selwyn :mad: (sorry if you like him, but that's just how it is)
:eek: :eek: :eek:
how can u say that???
i luvvv him hehehe :p :p

well at least u said sorry so i'll forgive ya ;)

flosh's gurl

mia, i love love love ben harper. such a fan. excuse me mister is my fav. one of my really good friends does the best ever version of shiver by screaming jets (sends goosebumps down my spine every time i hear it she is awesome at it!!!!!!) also who will save your soul by jewel. there is no one song or band that i can single out. one of my fav at the moment is a live version of certain shade of green by incubus. not the trad version but this really mellow sound very cruisy. i like a bit of big heavy stuff, hybernate. god too many people that sing great music! something for kate, augie march the list just goes on.

dissonance

my fav song....probably "No Such Thing" by John Mayer

Other people have mentioned cool stuff as well...

John Butler Trio
Reel Big Fish
Something for Kate
Augie March (check out the brand new website)
----certain shade of green acoustic is great, what do they call it "the lounge version" or somethin...:)

Mia

loush's girl, how wired is it
all those songs you named i just cant get enough of
ohhhhh i would love to hear shiver live and acoustic!!!!!!! it would be awsome
and ben harper, oh isnt be lovely!!! sister awake is awsome it like all jungle music,
do you like jack johnstone, his this surfer/musician/film makeer dude from hawaii he is just great
you like the wafes......in londen still, its just so emphatic
oh and i love jewel!!!
do you know the song adrian i think its from the spirt album, but not sure any way its a awsome song!!!!!

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by dissonance
my fav song....probably "No Such Thing" by John Mayer

Other people have mentioned cool stuff as well...

John Butler Trio
Reel Big Fish
Something for Kate
Augie March (check out the brand new website)
----certain shade of green acoustic is great, what do they call it "the lounge version" or somethin...:)
Nice taste in music ;)

I heard No Such Thing before it was released in Australia, and i thought it was a great song.. but then i heard the version they released in Aus. It was kinda... poor, i don't know what changed, but it sounded too "commercial" the version i have on my comp has more of an acoustic feel to it.

Another song i like, is the live version of "Your Body's Wonderland". Sounds so much better then the radio edit.

AUGIE!! AUGIE!! AUGIE!! I remember when i got hooked on them, on the way back from Living End concert, listening to the Net 50, i was like "what the? who's this, they're pretty good". Ironically, at Homebake, their set live kinda sucked (only new music :( didn't play their old stuff) so i was dissapointed with them live.

My fav songs for today/thisweekd

Jazzy Old Stuff -
Marvin Gaye "Got to Give it Up" and "Let's Get It On"

Trancey -
Cosmic Gate "Exploration of Space" (a perennial favourite)
Solar Stone "Solarcoaster" (Tiesto ISOS 3!! YES! i always move the slidar bar up to around 17 minutes jsut to listen to this song :D)

Rock -
speedstar* "piano song (sometimes)"
lavaland "everwonder"
Motorace "keeping secrets"

The above three bands i'm seeing tonight, shall be there with my md/mic in hand to have some bootlegging goodness :D

flosh's gurl

mia, this is totally trippy. i love jack johnston. the album bushfire fairytales has been the only thing keeping me sane through this year. he is awesome. i can not get enough of him. like i said shiver is absolutly awesome. the way that my friend rach sings it blows your mind. same with all the jewel songs. the waifs are so incredible. i have all their albums. i love london still. vicki, donna and josh are so fantastic. our getting drunk song is billy jones with someone's name substituted in. all of these songs just get sung around a campfire when we're all camping (yes i am a country bumpkin who goes camping) or when we have a party. everyone just relaxing singing together, doesn't matter how bad we sound. well i'm the only one who sounds bad. all my friends are so musical and talented.

dissonance

Skandi, Yeah, sadly Augie March have a repuation for not being a good live band. Their singer is always getting bitchy at the sound people or his band...oh, I saw em' at Hombake too man!! I remember he said that they're playing new stuff cause they don't want to bore themselves with songs that anyone knows....urgh! That's his job! The vibe I got was that the band would rather be someplace else...like watching SFK who were playing at the same time :p

This aside their album is totally enchanting, the songs just subtly build into the most amazing washes of sound.

With John Mayer, I think you're reacting to the fact that John Mayer's first album was acoustic and his new album has a whole band behind him consequently is a lot more produced...
'Your body is a Wonderland' is great...at the end he goes into 'My stupid mouth'. I don't think I've even heard the radio edit of that song to tell you the truth...

thinkin about Homebake....do you see John Butler Trio...damn they were simply so damn good.

Christine

beige member
HSC
mmmm so many songs... too many to name.

carry on - motorace
shivers - screaming jets
stop crying your heart out - oasis
ruby tuesday - rolling stones
All i want is u - U2
don't ask for more - abby dobson &
monsters - something for kate

Christine

beige member
HSC
sorry got another one

throw it all - jeff lang

its blues/rock and its a few yrs old but its excellent!!

Arch-man

As a radio DJ, I have to come in here, I used to have a show that had a top 5 countdown. It'd go something like this if it was on atm. (I quit to go to another station):

#5 Andrew WK - Party Hard
#4 Mighty Mighty BossToneS - You Gotta Go!
#3 Pillar - Echelon
#2 Korn - Here To Stay
#1 Millencolin - Man Or Mouse

thrillhouse

my favourite songs right now at this point in time are:

Michael Jackson - Billy Jean

Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack

SkAnDi

HSC
Yeah, i remember that, took them like 20 minutes to even get started. Standing there, i could here SFK playing *sigh*

Hehe, my friends ditched me to go see SFK, so Augie, i was nigellated, AND! not enjoying the music :(

Ahhh, i guess i like acoustic/old school John Mayer. If he came i would definitely go and see him, acoustic = Happy SkAnDi!!

In my "Your Body's a Wonderland" i realised that the lyrics are kinda sordid and kinky, but like, it sounds so sweet and wonderful. Can't help liking it :D

About John Butler Trio, i think i missed it, I think i was watching Alex Lloyd, half of us split up and saw the rest of Alex, the rest went and saw JBT. I think we came for the end of it, but by that time it was packed, so we saw the last bit of TISM (who, make running around with balloons attached to you cool :D)

Oh yes, last night

Lavaland = SHIT! (not impressed!)
Speedstar = Fucking Brilliant
Motorace = FUCKING FANTASTIC!

*grin* 240 megs worth of pictures/movies to take home!!

Originally posted by dissonance
snip

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by SkAnDi

Oh yes, last night

Lavaland = SHIT! (not impressed!)
Speedstar = Fucking Brilliant
Motorace = FUCKING FANTASTIC!

*grin* 240 megs worth of pictures/movies to take home!!

i still hate u, bastard!

=P

annway, fave song atm is keeping secrets, motor ace

and breathe in now, george

and big machine, goo goo dolls.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey.......u know whats a good old song!

~~ deep inside of u ~~ by third eye blind!!!

thats a good song.... :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)