Fawuns atar estimate (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
so basically you don't want a repeat of haya in the "what happened?" thread? LOL
I so enjoyed posting in that thread you have no idea.

I just think that you have come all this way, you might as well keep going hard at it until the end. Obviously, you dont want to be disappointed come results day either.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
what the fuk fml

so basically you don't want a repeat of haya in the "what happened?" thread? LOL
I know people get estimates lower than expected as a motivational boost :) my school does that (getting estimates tomorrow fuk) so we don't get complacent and stay motivated. I think you're around low-mid 90s. Pull up your eng adv by a lot to push it up to middish 90s and then Eco if you want 95+? I think since your school is kinda volatile, it's hard to tell. But I have confidence you will do great!! :D (just don't get too complacent ^.^)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Fawun, you won't turn out like him.

HAYA boasted constantly ... You are not a boaster.

P.s. There's nothing worse than regret

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I wanted to have a look at how many people got a Band 6 in each of your subjects last year.
No offence to fawun, but being realistic here. I don't think she will be able to draw out a mid 80 in english. The school had no band 6s last year. And I don't think this late into the year she can crawl her way to top 20 in english. Her internal mark right now would probably be mid 70s, which would be a significant drag on her externals.

enoilgam

HSC
No offence to fawun, but being realistic here. I don't think she will be able to draw out a mid 80 in english. The school had no band 6s last year. And I don't think this late into the year she can crawl her way to top 20 in english. Her internal mark right now would probably be mid 70s, which would be a significant drag on her externals.
If it was anyone else, I would totally agree with you. However, having seen her english stuff along with LIJ, I'd definitely say that she can get much better than what her rank suggests.

Overall, my estimate is based off more than ranks alone, because I know more about fawun in terms of the calibre of work she can produce. If the person was just a random, I would say low-mid 80s.

Last edited:

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Ozko and Adrita are more correct, estimated around 87-88
fuck now i'm stressing out. If I could improve eco to 10/19 and english to around 30-35/60, do you think it would be enough to secure 90+? I'm being realistic here about my english ranks fuck

wtf are you on

If it was anyone else, I would totally agree with you. However, having seen her english stuff along with LIJ, I'd definitely say that she can get much better than what her rank suggests.

Overall, my estimate is based off more than ranks alone, because I know more about fawun in terms of the calibre of work she can produce. If the person was just a random, I would say low-mid 80s.
but what happens if i can't do better fml because i've tried so hard in english lol

also, lets hope your prediction is true

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
fuck now i'm stressing out. If I could improve eco to 10/19 and english to around 30-35/60, do you think it would be enough to secure 90+? I'm being realistic here about my english ranks fuck
English and Eco should be top third imo.

3U and Modern History will really work in your favour but i'm on the fence with 4U. I'm not sure what the calibre of students in your 4U class is at so it's difficult to make a judgement there.

Fawun

Queen
HSC

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
top 20/60 for english omg dat is impossible lol
Of course you can offset that by marginally improving your ranks in your other subjects.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Of course you can offset that by marginally improving your ranks in your other subjects.
hmm what do you think my ranks should be in my other subjects without improving english that much (lets be honest here, i can't improve english that much) to get a 90+?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yes

60%

top 20/60 for english omg dat is impossible lol
is the relative gaps between your cohort really big or really small? i.e. are there like 5-6 people on each mark, or is it more spread out than that? at my school, if you manage to get 14/15 instead of 13/15 you can jump 5-10 ranks, so maybe if you scored certain marks that get you just into that top third, it might be a better way of approaching english

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm what do you think my ranks should be in my other subjects without improving english that much (lets be honest here, i can't improve english that much) to get a 90+?
Maybe 1 rank up for 4u and 7 up for eco

Fawun

Queen
HSC
is the relative gaps between your cohort really big or really small? i.e. are there like 5-6 people on each mark, or is it more spread out than that? at my school, if you manage to get 14/15 instead of 13/15 you can jump 5-10 ranks, so maybe if you scored certain marks that get you just into that top third, it might be a better way of approaching english
Yep what you said. My friend was ranked 30 or something and the teacher said that if she got a few more marks in her half yearlies, she would've been 19th

Maybe 1 rank up for 4u and 7 up for eco
y is hsc so hard but thanks! (will not get 7 up for eco so i'll aim for top 5 in 3U just to compensate it lol)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yep what you said. My friend was ranked 30 or something and the teacher said that if she got a few more marks in her half yearlies, she would've been 19th
hm yeah that seems more achieveable...just aim to get 1-2 marks above average and it will defs push you into the 30s (although the average can be quite volatile at times)

Fawun

Queen
HSC
hm yeah that seems more achieveable...just aim to get 1-2 marks above average and it will defs push you into the 30s (although the average can be quite volatile at times)
funny thing is, i was 1-2 marks above average for my half yearlies and assessments and i'm 41/60 wtf

#mindboggling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)