FDI & Capital Flow Statistics and Gini Coefficient (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
Does anyone know where to get statistics over the last 30 yrs for:

Global Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) levels

Global Capital Flow Levels

Gini Coefficient for developing and developed countries.

because i've looked up all the international organisations and i can find none, you have to apply for statistics and stuff and its not working. god i never thought this stuff would be hard to find.

thanks!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
In regards to your question: I'll try my best to answer this off my head, since my Textbooks are now in boxes..

Global FDI flows [Which basically means Global Capital Flows] have never been as strong as the 20th century. Though previous to the financial deregulation in the 1980s, FDI flows have been favoured by many govts as it has provided capital inflows into many economies, particularly newly industrialised countries such as in Asia. Though since the deregulation Global FDI flows have increased by up to 16 times its level in 1980s, with Global Financial flows quickly catching up to FDI flows in the late 1990s, reaching almost equivalent levels in 2004.

A good indicator of FDI/Capital flows are exchange-traded derivatives, reaching 30.8 Billion dollars (US).

As for GINI efficient, I'm afraid I cannot assist you, though in general terms I can sketch for you that it has deteriorated over 20 years, with many other distribution of income statistics indicating so.

epson

HSC
who is rafy

who is rafy. . .like he is the guy iwht evryhting, lol

...some admin . .boss... co ordinaor ?

BlackDragon

HSC
thanks for that rafy. does anyone know where i can get a graph on what percentage of world income each different bracket of income has in the world. sorry its hard to articulate. eg.the richest 25% of nations earn x% of world income and the poorest 25% of countries earn y % of world income. or something similar.

thanks alot, its much appreciated

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
BlackDragon: I believe this is what you are looking for:

i.e 20% earn 82.7% of all income

epson: lol no, i'm just a benefactor (no authority or anything) and economics is just a passion of mine.

BlackDragon

HSC
hey, i'm really sorry to ask this of you without wings, but could you give me a table version of the world FDI out and inflows? just the world part not the developed. if you can do that i'll not ask you for anything else. but if you happen to have a table of fdi outflows as a percentage of gross world product can you give that to me instead. don't worry about it at all if you don't.

lol Thanks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)