feasibility studies (1 Viewer)

bubbles16

ok i know what a feasibility study is and everything but do u think we'll need to know the structure of one?
Like all the different sections?

Huss

HSC
N/A
u might need to no all the sections in a feasibility study but most probably in the exam they will ask u to describe the constraints of some scenario. the technical, schedule, economical and organisational constraints

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah, that's a fairly common question.

With the feasibility study, you'll only really ever be questioned on the constraints and the purpose of a feasibility study (analysing constraints and making a recommendation).

You might be asked what recommendation you would give, justifying your choice.

:)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juggernaut
FOTS.. oh my god im smart
FOTS?

F =
O = Organisational
T = Technical
S = Schedule

E = Economic

I take F to be financial? I usually say ecnomic, so "oh my god im smart" :p (just kidding juggernaut ;)).

Huy

HSC
N/A
FOTS sounds better so nah im smarter
!!
I still like/prefer "TOES"

Tech, org, eco, sched.

Easy acronym to remember feasibility study constraints.
Can't beat that one for simplicity ;) :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
does the order matter?
No, but TOES (look at your feet :)) is a lot easier to remember than FOTS.

:D

rx72c

FOTS TOES, they both suck.
How about economic, technical, schedule, organisational constraints. I mean fark how hard can it be to learn those 4 words, if you cant learn those dont do IPT>

Huy

HSC
N/A
I think TOES is better :)

It's an acryonym, not so much a mnemonic, but a memory aid nonetheless.

Anything is better than remembering every single term, you might as well have a simpler method.

Eg

"UMDIT" for the system-development lifecycle stages,

"Come on all students, pat the dog" for your seven information processes.

:)

rx72c

Think of it this way, they can ask you anything in an IPT exam, its good to know and if you can get an understanding of how a feasibility study works and what it is made of, thats excellent.

One example of BOS asking something i learnt in yr 10 was a question in this yrs multiple choice, this was that graph that asked for the data bits which the answer was B.

So if you can and have time to learn it do it, but mainly concentrate on the 4 constraints, them being the economical,technical, schecdule and organisational constraints.
I can almost gurantee this question being asked next year as they will always ask it, for all your term tests they will ask the same question, split each constraint into different sections and that will make easier.

I belive that trying to make a word for something to learn is pretty stupid, the fact that you have to learn that a word means that means that you could have just learnt them as they are.

As far as i can see, your going to do this type of feasibility study question so many times that you will just remember them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)