feasibility study.. (1 Viewer)

Legham

HSC
Hey. I was wondering if i could get a hand with a feasibility study i have to do in my RAD project. Apparently, my submitted project must include:
-documented outline of your proposal which includes:
-feasibility study (technical, schedule, operational, economic)

I'm doing SDD by correspondence, so i havent get a teacher to explain what is meant be these terms. I could ring the teachers up from school but this way is easier, and id prefer to find this out sooner rather than later seeing as it was due quite a while ago..
The project is a RAD project of a self-help screen at the bus-station in technotown, if you remember it.
So far, i understand that technical is the hardware side of it. As in, the computer terminals needed and servers which will be added etc. (correct me if im wrong with this stuff).
The operational is the way in which your software will work. e.g. Splash screen > home page etc, and how the links will work.
Economic, from IPT, i understand as a pricing for the bus company, giving prices to the software and hardware involved.
Schedule, im not sure about. Is it meant to be a time-planning kind of thing, where i say how long i plan on spending on each part of the assignment? If so, is it meant to be realistic (i.e spend a couple of hours tonight writing the proposal, then start a bit of blah for a while before i go to bed) or is it meant to be as though i was a software designing company like a gantt chart, divided over several weeks.

Also at the end it says "feedback from at least 3 users" Is they meant to be real users like my parents, or is it meant to be made up by me, pretending to be a bus-station user?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated :D

nato4

HSC
schedule - pretty obvious is how long is it going to take to implement, when is it set to be finished and can you finish in that time.

Operational – what has to change? Is it to much to change? Can the manual processing be handled?

economic - how much is it going to cost to implement & maintain, does it serve to reduce costs or increase them, will it be worth the investment.

hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)