Feature article writing (1 Viewer)

borkoborko

HSC
Does anyone know the basis of how to write a feature article? I have to do one for imaginative journeys....
Oh and also it is based on an arts and literature magazine audience...
Any help would be great!

emca

HSC
here are some simple ideas. Read a feature article. You can find one in the "Good Weekend" section of Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald. Your primary objective is to discuss the content of journeys within the designated text type, so key features are; headline and subheading puff quotes pictures and structure. So You could start with I was sitting casually talking to (composer of your set text) having a coffee in Balmain when we saw a family, grandparents parents and children when (composer of your set text) said that is what life is about growing and learning from childhood to old age............ blah blah blah.

You could then go on to comment on how the composer set you off to explore other texts like The Road Not Taken to further your understanding of the issue.

Note: feature articles are usually called cover stories because the article appears on the cover of the mag. pretty much English teachers are the only ones who call them feature articles, but dont mention this to your teacher they are sensitive creatures. Trust me I'm one of 'em.

My email is emca01@yahoo.com.au if you want more help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)