Feature Articles (1 Viewer)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I have a stupid homework assignment that is a feature article, to be written in 40 minutes, entitled "Journeys of the mind". I have to reference The Tempest, the stimulus booklet, and two sources of my own choosing. Any tips?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
make sure you know the key features of this text type from memory you have a title and a byline, the body of your text should be fairly light hearted and in a less formal tone (make it a conversational text, ask a lot of rehtorical questions, include some punch lines/jokes if they're tasteful)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
my suggestions would be to use lots of humour as examiners/teachers when they're marking lots and lots of essays at once, HUMOUR is the only tool that will make their brains alert and give out marks.
Someone really really really really intellectual will not. (But this suggestion is only for creative writing).

Also maybe you could interview someone currently an actor in "The Tempest" production or make up an interview for the author example:

"Robert Frost may seem like a normal person to you, but while interviewing him, he is quite eccentric. He admits to undertaking journeys to the mind while writing many of his poems............................................. and poems which has caused him greater understanding ......................................................................"

Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)