Federer end of an era? (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
After tonites defeat is Federer's dominance in men's tennis well and truly over?

With the decline of Safin and Hewitt at 27-28 years old and Federer at his peak

It is surely over for Federer.

No matter how much Federer dominates his opponents in the 1st rnd - Semis at tournaments, everytime he faces Nadal he is always worried or intimidated by his presence - hence he is unable to play at his peak.

This clearly emphasises how Federer is no longer dominating men's tennis, and possibly might never win a slam again.

LatK7

HSC
Way too big a call.

Also, a lot of Hewitt's 'downfall' had to do with injury, and his style of play didn't do him any favours. I really hope Nadal can avoid that.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Sad to say , but i think it is. :(

I do think he has one more Slam in him perhaps the US open or Wimbledon..

But other than that.. he will very unlikely regain the world number one ranking..

Oh well i still think he will equal Pete's record ..
good luck to Federer for the rest of this season.

Roy9

HSC
I still think he's going to win 1-2 grand slams every year for the next 3 years.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Um did you see him play before the final? He was in stunning form. I don't think the history books will look too harshly on two exceptional five-setters against Nadal at Wimbledon and here either somehow.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i reckon he'll win a couple more grand slams but he's on the downward slope now

:(

LordPc

HSC
Um did you see him play before the final? He was in stunning form. I don't think the history books will look too harshly on two exceptional five-setters against Nadal at Wimbledon and here either somehow.
what this guy said

Sampras was around 30 when he won the US open, Agassi was around 32 when he claimed the AO. Saying Federer is done is, tbh, a stupid call to make.

If you watched his match against Del Potro you would see what kind of tennis he is still capable of. He can pretty much beat anyone except Nadal, so if Nadal slips up in any major before he meets Fed, it is likely that Federer will claim the tournament

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
No, he isn't.

He needs a better coach who has the insight to tell him exactly how to play Nadal.

And stop hitting looping topspin backhands into Nadal's forehand.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
To me, if he can sort out Nadal, he'll win the U.S Open, French and Wimbledon courts are too slow for Fed to beat Nadal now,

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
No, he isn't.

He needs a better coach who has the insight to tell him exactly how to play Nadal.

And stop hitting looping topspin backhands into Nadal's forehand.
i didn't think federer had a coach...

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
He'll dominate anyone but Nadal so if others start taking to Nadal he could gain No.1. We shall see though

LordPc

HSC
i didn't think federer had a coach...
I dont think he does. Whenever there was a shot of Federers support camp, they only showed his gf, as opposed to Nadal where they only showed Toni.

But Fed needs a coach now. Other players are learning to beat him regularly and he needs to solve this problem and learn how to beat them back if he is going to reclaim No 1

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yeah lol he never had a coach. He defos needs one IMO. Just for the tactics and strategy of how to play each player.

kuytbird

HSC
Either Federer will come back even stronger and go into a titanic struggle with nadal. Whoever wins will go into the history books.
Either way, both are amazing players.

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Nope. Whilst he is now Nadal's bitch, Rafa is still vulnerable against big serving, flat hitting types in Wimbledon/USO if they bring their A-game. And you can bet if it's a first time finalist Fed will probably roll them in straights.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I don't think Federer is going to get any better. He peaked in 05-06 and has plateaued since then, now into (inevitable) steady decline. Agassi and Sampras won slams in their early 30's so all is not lost though.

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Also he said he plans to keep playing till 2016 Olympics lol. Considering his easy style of play, I wouldn't put it past him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)