Feedback Mechanism Question (1 Viewer)

HSC
Um...this took me awhile. I was sure whether I should do two. 1 for the temperature increase of the room...and for for the temp decrease of room.

As in Stasis --> stimulus (increase in temp) -- thermoreceptors--hypothalamus---effectors (muscles and glands) in this case the medulla oblongata for heart rate and sweat glands -- then this decrease body temp which then linked back to stasis.

However, the room temperature then went back down... which would mean

A stimulus (decrease in temp) and it would all be reversed.

I end up neatly doing 2 which clearly showed the situation. But HSC is bs in a way, they might say -1 WE ASKED FOR 1.

HSC
Specifically. You are correct. But by what we actually learn't in the syllabus? Thermoregulatory System isn't really something EVERYONE learns if you catch my drift, it isn't directly apart of the syllabus to learn. However I reckon u'd obviously get the mark for it still...
Does the whole state Biology in Focus text book? Page 16 - 17 I believe uses the term...Donno if it qualifies as being in syllabus..

But, Nervous system seems incredibly weak as its just so incredibly broad. Def will get the mark tho, as there is no other option which we have learnt.

HSC
Was a pritty easy paper but MC was difficult I think for state. Questions like 9 were superhard where everyone put O2 binds strongly to haemo etc when oxygen just doesnt bind strongly to haemoglobin...so the MC will sort people out. But I think maybe very high 80s, or mid 80s, donno.

greatgreeks2

HSC
My teacher marked this question.

dependant variable= the reaction of the humans to the temperature
independant variable= the change in temperature

The answer to the system question is central nervous system\

the answer to the feed back mechanism has to incude a drawn cycle. the cycle that looked like the 8 was not nesessary. u just had to show the effect of a rise in temperature. U needed to include arrows to indicate it is a cycle. and u needed to label each part of the mechanism and give an example of each e.g. reseptor= thermoreseptor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)