Feedback (1 Viewer)

Want90Atar

HSC
It would be hard to argue because in the HSC exam you won’t have that luxury. If the markers can’t read what you write (they’ll usually try their best to) and it contains content that is important to the response then you will be marked on it without that content.
Dickhead keep removing my messages but allow Sylvia b to keep making outrageous statements, why do you only censorship me not both of us you ageist bastard.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Dickhead keep removing my messages but allow Sylvia b to keep making outrageous statements, why do you only censorship me not both of us you ageist bastard.
Please be aware of the limitations of your assertions. You have not seen what content from other users I have actually removed or given infractions to.

If there are posts that are standing that you think should be deleted, then feel free to report them for our consideration.

Want90Atar

HSC
Please be aware of the limitations of your assertions. You have not seen what content from other users I have actually removed or given infractions to.

If there are posts that are standing that you think should be deleted, then feel free to report them for our consideration.
That’s a lie cause I seen many comments of Sylvia b who comments are way worse than me still being on this website, you’re selective in moderating aren’t you, I actually feel sad for you imagine staying on this site moderating for years even after finishing your hsc.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
That’s a lie cause I seen many comments of Sylvia b who comments are way worse than me still being on this website, you’re selective in moderating aren’t you, I actually feel sad for you imagine staying on this site moderating for years even after finishing your hsc.
Your posts were removed because they were irrelevant to the topic of the thread for the OP. Nothing to do with whether or not they were “outrageous” (no issues with the content if it was relevant to the thread topic). Had you posted something else irrelevant to the topic, it would still have been removed. We do this all the time for other users, especially in School forums.

Rather than complaining, jumping to conclusions and derailing this thread, can you actually report the posts you think should be deleted? I am more than happy to consider them on a case by case basis.

This is not the thread for me to clarify why certain decisions were made, so I look forward to you reporting some actual posts and having the conversation there.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Rather than complaining, jumping to conclusions and derailing this thread, can you actually report the posts you think should be deleted? I am more than happy to consider them on a case by case basis.

This is not the thread for me to clarify why certain decisions were made, so I look forward to you reporting some actual posts and having the conversation there.
Just to back up Want90Atar, I agree that SylviaB is probably the most psychotic, argumentative and sadistic person on this site. No doubt about that.

HSC
N/A
I agree with the above. SylviaB, even when genuinely trying to argue any particular topic, can't avoid causing tension, whether it's through direct insults to other BoS users (particularly those who adopt the opposing side), or through the arguments themselves. I remember multiple threads getting closed because of the complications that arose due to that. It would be a good idea to look into this, Trebla, as several BoS members are starting to have the same complaint.

Want90Atar

HSC
Your posts were removed because they were irrelevant to the topic of the thread for the OP. Nothing to do with whether or not they were “outrageous” (no issues with the content if it was relevant to the thread topic). Had you posted something else irrelevant to the topic, it would still have been removed. We do this all the time for other users, especially in School forums.

That's cap cause my posts applied to the post, relevant to other comments as well i made a post based on what other people in the thread were writing, my comment gets removed I would respect you more. If you, actually provided proof instead of making fake statements after deleting comments you don't message me, I hope you can retire from this site soon as it's sad you been on this site since i was 1, now i'm 16

Want90Atar

HSC

But anyway i don't want to argue just dm me after you remove my comment, tell me what i did wrong or i would still think you're being bias, but anyway just putting it out there that my old comments broke no rules, if it did most of sylvia b comments would be removed.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
That's cap cause my posts applied to the post, relevant to other comments as well i made a post based on what other people in the thread were writing, my comment gets removed I would respect you more. If you, actually provided proof instead of making fake statements after deleting comments you don't message me, I hope you can retire from this site soon as it's sad you been on this site since i was 1, now i'm 16
Moved this to a new thread to avoid further derailing.

Did you notice that I also deleted Directrix’s posts as well, not just yours? If a user is asking about Woolworths TPS, how exactly is a post about Carlingford and asians relevant at all to what the user is asking for?

All I did was remove posts that were not relevant so not to derail the thread. I did not even infract or ban you because no forum rules were broken. You are complaining about the mere deletion of a small handful posts when I have repeatedly deleted infracted and given bans to other users (including SylviaB) for actually inflaming on multiple occasions.

Again, if you’re going to accuse me of not applying the rules consistently, then actually show me the evidence and report the posts so we can have a constructive conversation of the individual examples, rather than resorting to attempted ageist comments.

Want90Atar

HSC
Moved this to a new thread to avoid further derailing.

Did you notice that I also deleted Directrix’s posts as well, not just yours? If a user is asking about Woolworths TPS, how exactly is a post about Carlingford and asians relevant at all to what the user is asking for?

All I did was remove was posts that were not relevant so not to derail the thread. I did not even infract or ban you because no forum rules were broken. You are complaining about the mere deletion of a small handful of posts when I have repeatedly deleted infracted and given bans to other users (including SylviaB) for inflaming on multiple occasions.

Again, if you’re going to accuse me of not applying the rules consistently, then cut the ageist comments and actually show me the evidence and report the posts.
Does it look like i have time like u Mr been on bos for 15 years, does not have to do the hsc anymore, I'm not going to look for evidence but just know you're wrong for that, I'm not talking about directx. I'm talking about my furthest posts when i made jokes like Sb did but my comments got removed.

HSC
N/A
Does BoS have a progressive rule/policy for repeated infractions? Because if a member still retains the same motive (SylviaB's the main example, but I'm also talking from a general perspective), despite receiving mulitple temporary warnings and bans, they will just continue to do what they're doing when their warnings/bans expire. I don't believe the current rules to be very effective, or effective at all, in fact.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Does it look like i have time like u Mr been on bos for 15 years, does not have to do the hsc anymore, I'm not going to look for evidence but just know you're wrong for that, I'm not talking about directx. I'm talking about my furthest posts when i made jokes like Sb did but my comments got removed.
If you’re talking about the love at uni thread then only one post was deleted because it was quoting another user’s post which had someone’s real name. (Edit: post below)
Hi *******
Actually makes sense lol only an Indian would want another Indian
So you’re happy to make incorrect assertions but are not prepared to defend them with any evidence and resort to the same ageist comments? Ok then...

Last edited:

Want90Atar

HSC
If you’re talking about the love at uni thread then only one post was deleted because it was quoting another user’s post which had someone’s real name.

So you’re happy to make incorrect assertions but are not prepared to defend them with any evidence and resort to the same ageist comments? Ok then...
Lol I never quoted another post that had someone name, I never resorted to ageist comment again in the comment you replied too, you can keep lying if you want.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
The issue I have with SylviaB is that he undermines the whole purpose of this website, which is meant to be a platform where students can voice concerns, share resources and discuss topics in an orderly manner. However, SylviaB takes viciousness to a whole new level and loves to initiate arguments about mediocre topics, of which I have been guilty of even bothering to feed in to. SylviaB contributes nothing but animosity to this site, and is quite frankly, a nuisance that needs to be disciplined. Would like the moderators to take action on this, isn't that what they're for?

Want90Atar

HSC
If you’re talking about the love at uni thread then only one post was deleted because it was quoting another user’s post which had someone’s real name.

Do you want me wasting my time scrolling to find evidence that you will just dismiss, most of the evidence been deleted to you, so why don't you find evidence to back your claim seeing as your the moderator, have been the mod of this site for 15 years you should have the experience to find evidence supporting your statements. and or are you just a low life man on the internet who still stuck on this site for 15 years as his life is shit

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I agree with the above. SylviaB, even when genuinely trying to argue any particular topic, can't avoid causing tension, whether it's through direct insults to other BoS users (particularly those who adopt the opposing side), or through the arguments themselves. I remember multiple threads getting closed because of the complications that arose due to that. It would be a good idea to look into this, Trebla, as several BoS members are starting to have the same complaint.
We never take sides when people are arguing no matter how controversial the subject matter. We do not ban people for having an opinion that the rest of us don’t agree with. It’s all about how you go about expressing it, you can do it constructively or otherwise.

Also keep in mind, we are Non-School forums are treated with more tolerance than School forums (where the rules are stricter for obvious reasons).

Want90Atar

HSC
We never take sides when people are arguing no matter how controversial the subject matter. We do not ban people for having an opinion that the rest of us don’t agree with. It’s all about how you go about expressing it, you can do it constructively or otherwise.

Also keep in mind, we are Non-School forums are treated with more tolerance than School forums (where the rules are stricter for obvious reasons).
Glad to see that you can't get ban for having opinions, what is your ethnicity again? so I can make opinions about your race.

HSC
N/A

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to point out. I am aware mods take an unbiased approach with respect to the subject matter. I was trying to point out the way in which arguments are being delivered, not the argument/opinion itself.

There's a clear difference between one respectfully stating their opinion and backing it up with evidence where applicable, and one resorting to unnecessary calls and insults including "idiot, moron, dumb dumb, fucking retarded" etc. I don't think banning/issuing warnings to the latter displays any sort of bias.

Want90Atar

HSC
Hey guys i guess we can't post in our hsc subjects, as this is spamming i thought you respected opinions trebla it's clear you're trying to get me banned as my opinions offend you
hey guys.PNG

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Does BoS have a progressive rule/policy for repeated infractions? Because if a member still retains the same motive (SylviaB's the main example, but I'm also talking from a general perspective), despite receiving mulitple temporary warnings and bans, they will just continue to do what they're doing when their warnings/bans expire. I don't believe the current rules to be very effective, or effective at all, in fact.
Yes there is
The issue I have with SylviaB is that he undermines the whole purpose of this website, which is meant to be a platform where students can voice concerns, share resources and discuss topics in an orderly manner. However, SylviaB takes viciousness to a whole new level and loves to initiate arguments about mediocre topics, of which I have been guilty of even bothering to feed in to. SylviaB contributes nothing but animosity to this site, and is quite frankly, a nuisance that needs to be disciplined. Would like the moderators to take action on this, isn't that what they're for?
SylviaB has not ventured into any School forums and has been disciplined and banned multiple times. Quite frankly, I think the current system is proportionate (i.e a handful of inflammatory comments) because this site has seen far worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)