feel cheated and jaded-a warning to all UWS students (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
ChiK said:
Gurl Power,

u r not the only one, I am also studying marketing and I too find it difficult to find a marketing related job seeing that most of them require work experience.
what you guys need to understand is you cant start at the top.

look for jobs like "marketing assistant" for example,

or get a job in a sales based roll, marketing and sales based rolls come plentiful.

I admit I only have small amounts of work experience in promotions/online advertising for business which is deffiantly not enough.

but yeah you guys are not the only ones I also am doing this course hehehe =)

you guys also need to figure out which type of marketing you want to do:

I cant believe you dont know the different sections of marketing

* market research
* product marketing
* sports marketing
* online marketing
* marketing manager

their are soo many different rolls in this field...

Last edited:

rofl.

HSC
Gurlpower said:
but if i knew everything there was to know about mrketing i wouldnt have felt the need to study and learn about it would i?

woulda saved me 6 grand, (only spent 6g because i mixed it with tafe).
Look mate, you complete the course content to learn about the principles and applications of marketing. Researching the job prospects for this particular career route is completely your own perogative. It's your own fault that you didn't do your homework.

I'm completely shocked at the amount of misguided people who jump into a degree and incur tens of thousands of dollars in tuition fees without having at least a general idea of what the job implications for that degree is geared towards. Did you just decide to do marketing as a novelty? I don't understand people that do that.

Besides, degrees are supposed to teach you the theory behind a particular subject matter or discipline, they're not meant to babysit their patrons and hand them a job upon graduation on a nice golden platter. It is up to the individual.

On your defence, the response given to you by the careers advisor is quite appalling, but in the end, that's not the reason why you've come to this situation feeling confused and disheartened. Your lack of preparation and disillusionment is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)