Fees Payment (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Hey haven't posted here for a while, just got a question hope someone can gimmi a quick reply.

I pay my fees upfront and have thrus far in 3 years of uni paid them all before the Fees due date. Now for this semester I just can't pay it before the due date of Friday 2nd March. Now I want to keep my upfront payment so I get the 20% discount. So if I was to hold out until like 9th of March to pay would it be okay?

Cheers

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
I don't expect to change the date, just want to know if I pay a whole week late will I still be eligible for upfront.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
No.
Unfortunately the fees you pay, are directed to the Commonwealth Govt. Their Census date is set, and if you decide to pay after the Census date, then your debt lies with ATO.

Payments of $AU 500 or more received by ATO will have a 10% discount.

@Ianc:
1. Firstly you must be a CSP student, and have enabled the "Deferred Payment option using your TFN" within the Government Forms.
2. Next click on Payment Options -> Semester 1, 2007 (Click Update Details)
3. Follow the prompts, and accept conditions, then click Payment Options.
4. Using your preferred payment option, pay $500 or more, and you'll receive the "Upfront waiver".

E.g. $500 contribution will give you a $125 upfront waiver.

Lavenderpup

HSC
but then the 2nd of march isn't the census date..that's the 31st of march. so which is it that's really the cut off?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
If I pay tonight through Bpay will I still get the 20% discount? Bpay takes about 3 business days to process, so the uni wont get in until about Monday or Tuesday.

Rekkusu

HSC
I'm not sure if this e-mail is sent to First Year students, but it should be in your UniMail, which can be accessed at: https://unimail.unsw.edu.au/

Commonwealth Supported Students
If you are a Commonwealth Supported student and have elected to pay upfront and
you have not supplied a tax file number, payment is required no later than 2
March, 2007. If you are eligible to defer your student contributions a valid
tax file number must be provided no later than the census date (31 March,
2007), otherwise your enrolment will be cancelled if no payment is received.
Ah my mistake. I shouldn't have used the same terminology. The Census Date - 31st March is used for:

Last day for students to finalise arrangements for HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP
Last day for students to discontinue without financial penalty from Semester 1 courses

So, all students planning to just use their TFN to pay for their Student Contributions, and are planning to drop courses, they should do it before 31st March.

For all Upfront Payments (Partial Upfront payments of $500 or more, OR students electing to pay their whole semester payment upfront) will need to be paid no later than 2nd March.

UNSW must receive the payment by 2nd March, no matter if B-pay takes 3 days to process, or Direct Debit/Credit takes 2 days.

Last edited:

Woony

HSC
Im doin an upfront 20% discount payment too thing is i did it through egate on 1st march... it says it takes 72hrs for payments to be processed by unsw treasury office... does that mean i wont get the 20% discount?? :(

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I paid a partial upfront payment through Bpay tonight...I hope I get the discount.

Rekkusu

HSC
If you've put it in tonight, you might get the chance of just making it through. My payments are usually received in 2 days, but officially it takes 3 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)