Fees (1 Viewer)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Any idea where the fee's for courses at UNSW can be found?

I checked this page, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it's just me.

Specifically, I am looking how much an Undergraduate Mining degree costs.

Thanks.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Curry said:
Any idea where the fee's for courses at UNSW can be found?

I checked this page, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it's just me.

Specifically, I am looking how much an Undergraduate Mining degree costs.

Thanks.
Fromt that website:
A standard semester academic load is 24 units of credit (48 UOC per annum).

Fees for courses are charged by unit of credit according to the classification of the course (that is undergraduate, postgraduate, research) and then the classification of the student. To calculate the charge for a course, refer to the course prefix, appropriate course classification and student classification to determine the fee per unit of credit. Non-award courses will also be charged according to the classification of the course as above.

For example: An international student is enrolling in a Faculty of Commerce and Economics course, ACCT3563, which has a value of 6 units of credit and the course is classified as undergraduate. The fee for this course will be 6 x $390 = $2340.00

So for Engineering, everthing is $445 (per unit of credit). See https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/Engineering.html
So a subject worth 6 uoc cost $2670 and a year it is 48*445 =21 360 approx. It is not cheap at all.

Last edited:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Is it cumpolsary that we take 48 units of credit per annum to recieve an undergraduate degree?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Maybe not 48 per year, but if you didn't do 48 one year you'd probably have to make it up somewhere, so in the end you'll be charged the same amount no matter what.

You can overload to a maximum of 27 CPs per semester, I think.

saves.the.day

HSC
Curry said:
Is it cumpolsary that we take 48 units of credit per annum to recieve an undergraduate degree?
No its not compulsory. The 48UOC is the max you can do (stops people from doing a degree in like 1 year hehe) you can do what a few of my friends do which is called "underloading" which means not doing the 48 UOC and just doing less. It only means your degree will be longer but it means you either have more time for assesments or you will have time for part time work. You can also do uni part time which i suppose is just another way for saying "underloading" but I am not too sure? Maybe someone else might know. What I gather from part time uni though, is that you simply do half as many subjects, making your degree time double e.g. a 3 year degree will take 6 years part time.

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Curry said:
Hey survior, you sure this is for a HECS based course?
You asked for FEES, which is different from HECS. FEES is more expensive. HECS is around $450-600 per 6 unit of credit.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Ok, sorry, my bad. I didn't realise. Do you know how much HECS is for engineering?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Curry: Around 3,600 to 4,800 per year, logically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)