Felling the fear, the truth, doubt (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

Hello all,

As the days are coming nearer, the anticapation is going at large. What I am trying to say is that our UAI results are coming. To be honest, I am really praying to god that i get into one of my first 5 chosen choice in that soemthing else under that is something which I dont want to do. Anything over 82 I am happy I guess, while other people are hoping like 99.95 UAI i bet:D

Rosie

To get into uni i need a UAI of 70 and over but i would personally like to get somewhere in the 80's! Theres not a day goes by that i don't think about getting the results coz of the anticipation of it all. I know tho that if i don't get into uni it is not the end of the world there are many other ways such as tafe...so whatever i get im gonna be happy with for the fact that i got the piece of paper! The fact that we get it just before christmas could be a good thing and a bad thing!

p.s 100th post :D

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I hadn't been thinking about but now you have reminded me, damn ....

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
go Rosie. :)

Perhaps these few weeks are only a false vacuum; the short period of time in which we let our hair down, before we're all doomed to fail the HSC. But I can't believe that. :D

For those of you who said you believe in karma: do you think that your actions between the final HSC exam and release of results will have any implication on your actual HSC results? Sounds really silly written down, but sometimes, when paranoia strikes...

Rosie

Originally posted by Weisy
go Rosie. :)

Perhaps these few weeks are only a false vacuum; the short period of time in which we let our hair down, before we're all doomed to fail the HSC. But I can't believe that. :D

For those of you who said you believe in karma: do you think that your actions between the final HSC exam and release of results will have any implication on your actual HSC results? Sounds really silly written down, but sometimes, when paranoia strikes...
I actually thought about that myself...i guess i betta start being good between now and the hsc results eh? :p

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Rosie

I actually thought about that myself...i guess i betta start being good between now and the hsc results eh? :p
What like being good near Xmas so "Santa" will bring you presents?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Strangely enough, I've sort of forgotten that I wrote exams and that I still have to get a UAI, and its only been a little over a week since I've finished.

I think being detached from the whole school experience has made me starting thinking how ridiculous the whole thing is....but at the same time I had a weird dream the other night where i didn't get into uni - so I'm obviously still concerned! (I need at least 99.4 - so of course i should be!)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Is everyone going to check their HSC results? Or just wait for the UAI...cos ppl I kno are jus checking the UAI, since its the most important thing

However, I forsee Lazseeker going down with bandwith overload on the 19th of Dec...lol

timmii

sporadic attendee
Does anyone know why they don't release the UAI and the HSC results on the same day? Even if both come out one day later? All it does is invite controversy as people build expectations and are potentially disappointed???

Is it some subtle BOS tactic to demonstrate that the HSC results are themselves worthwhile and not everything is the UAI - because it wouldn't matter if both were released on the same day and u weren't getting a UAI.

I don't know if i'd have the discipline not to look at the results on the thursday. Theoretically, I'm taking a stand and intending to refrain from doing so, but I'm a weak, weak person!!! :) If I were to look tho, i don't think i'd try lazseeker, because that's based on last year's results, and it could just build my expectations too high, or too low (although the latter is preferable).

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Does anyone know why they don't release the UAI and the HSC results on the same day? Even if both come out one day later? All it does is invite controversy as people build expectations and are potentially disappointed???

Its meant to show that the HSC and UAI are calculated seperately by different people or something like that.

meh, I dont want to see the HSC results, I'll get my UAI (probably end up disappointed) then I wont even bother for the HSC results they can come in the post.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
ill probably end up looking at my hsc results and just sit here and laugh, preparing myself for how bad my UAI will probably be...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
However, I forsee Lazseeker going down with bandwith overload on the 19th of Dec...lol
Yeah, since Lazseeker seems to be the ONLY UAI calculator online I can imagine it will be swamped ...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by timmii
If I were to look tho, i don't think i'd try lazseeker, because that's based on last year's results, and it could just build my expectations too high, or too low (although the latter is preferable).
Whenever I used to estimate my UAI earlier in the yr (and just after exams), I would get the result, and take off around 2 points (ie I got an estimate of around 93, and so I'm thinking in 2002, it would be closer to 90 or 91)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah, from people I know who have tried ozseek, it's pretty dodgy. But remember that last year's year 12 didn't have the free service on this site, so it would have been used a lot more then. I say meh - they're just bitter that lazseeker is better, and free.

Jin-17

That piece of paper people is worth its weight in gold. Like people said it will either mak u or break u. Hopefully everything will work out well. If I dont do well, I guess it will be a minor setback, but still I want everything to go well the first time.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Knowing me I'll probably accidentally leave that piece of paper beside an open window on a rainy and windy day... :p. Had like 5 books, various magazines damagd like that.
I can settle for 80, but I'm going for primarily 98 for the UoS scholarships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)