Fellini (1 Viewer)

icecreamdisco

HSC
not one of his better ones imo, despite the huge-tittied fat chick bit. i actually like his early less surreal, almost neo-realist stuff like la dolce vita, il grido, la strada and nights of cabiria.

HSC
it's not one of my favourite fellini films, and i agree with you, i'm not the biggest of his later work either. but this one's still worth watching- reminds me a lot of one of his earlier films, i vitelloni, which i enjoyed a lot

nothing tops la strada though.

icecreamdisco

HSC
i haven't seen i vitellioni yet... i've heard lots of good things though. i'm headed back to macquarie to rent a shitload of vids from the library, so i might add it to the pile.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Damn.. I totally forgot about Amarcord last night. Too busy watching Wonder Boys instead. Thankfully my local video ezy has become slightly better stocked with foreign/classics lately so I can just go get it out later.

walrusbear

HSC
i've only seen the opening of Amarcord, but it looked interesting.
his colour films seem very different to the earlier work (i've only seen a handful of his earlier films: la dolce vita, 8 1/2, nights of cabiria)

i should def. go rent la strada and i vitelloni

are his later works a bit more surreal and fanciful??
i saw one from the 1980s set on a ship that was very light in tone by comparison to the 50s & 60s movies i'd seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)