fellow unswers --HELP! (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
im enrolled in a BE Civil Engineering program 3620 at UNSW..

i used the first year planner link to help choose the core and elective courses that I wanted to do in session 1 and 2 of first year..

i also chose the 'recommended electives' (wise choice?) of GIS Surveying and Engineering Materials and Chemistry and these are meant to be done in session 2 according to the first year planner..

but when i go to make a timetable for this wretched session 2, a clash of times occurs.. and there is no way to rectify it. even the auto timetable button says it can't do it which means there is definitely no way a student could get a timetable together without clashes..

is this an error on the part of the uni, or i am just missing something here? If anyone is in a similar situation, or has experienced this before, or can provide some advice, please post.

thanks heaps.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
I used the First yr planner previously, and it does have quite a number of errors. One of my compulsory subjects had the words "not offered" next to it for both semester 1 and 2, its not the most reliable for planning ur timetable.

I think it is infact a wise choice to have selected the recommended electives (then again im probably just saying that cause thats what i did...lol j/k), the lecturers at UNSW also told me it was a wise choice that i had selected the reccommended subs.

Im doing Engineering materials and Chem in 1st semester, Dont rely on the course planner, like I said, it does have some errors (the UNSW staff were puzzled when i showed them the printed version of the first yr planner)... have u enrolled in all ur courses for 1st semester? I thought u were supposed to do an elective in each Semester? maybe thats why theres a clash, because one is meant to be done in S1?

Hey btw, what subjects are u enrolled in for S1 and 2? thanks!

oh and PM me, we can be uni buddies ( lol )

Abtari

HSC
ok, i managed to get a timetable for both sessions without clash..

but that meant not following the year planner

and putting eng materials in session1 instead of 2

(i thought materials should go in 2, cos u need physics 1A before doing materials?? can u do it concurrently, i.e. in the same semester? is physics a prerequisite for MATS?)

thanks

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Abtari said:
(i thought materials should go in 2, cos u need physics 1A before doing materials?? can u do it concurrently, i.e. in the same semester? is physics a prerequisite for MATS?)

thanks
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au

Figure out how to use the handbook and all your questions will be answered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)