Female Poll (1 Viewer)

Women are reluctant to admit their competitive nature because:

• They weren't raised by mother to compete in a healthy way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are afraid of losing their girl/women friends

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • They have no role models of healthy competitive women

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hotmizzie

Hi all,
just wondering if you could help me out by answering this question and also adding your own thoghts on the topic

Thanks

Women are reluctant to admit their competitive nature because:

A) They weren't raised by mother to compete in a healthy way.
B) They are afraid of losing their girl/women friends.
C) They have no role models of healthy competitive women.

lex123

HSC
hi,

i think that without sounding direspectful your topic seems to be very outdated and backwards in its message..

Years ago, women didnt work, women didnt play sport and women didnt do all those sorts of activities which would show their competitive edge...

nowadays there are so many female sporting role models that the whole gender issue in sport and work has changed in a HUGE way.

now women are climbing the business ladder and competing in male-dominating jobs. i feel that in order to express your topic better, you should address the CHANGE in women's competitive edge as it is something that has CHANGED throughout time, not remained constant.

Just a suggestion

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think most women nowadays are more than willing to admit their competitive, i know i am, and i admit it quite freely.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by lex123
hi,

i think that without sounding direspectful your topic seems to be very outdated and backwards in its message..

Years ago, women didnt work, women didnt play sport and women didnt do all those sorts of activities which would show their competitive edge...

nowadays there are so many female sporting role models that the whole gender issue in sport and work has changed in a HUGE way.

now women are climbing the business ladder and competing in male-dominating jobs. i feel that in order to express your topic better, you should address the CHANGE in women's competitive edge as it is something that has CHANGED throughout time, not remained constant.

Just a suggestion

That being said, I don't ever think men and women will ever be on the same footing in society. But the very notion of gender equality is what IMO maintains the social fabric/order of society. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)