Feminist Interpretation (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

If I chose a feminist Interpretation, I'd write about how Goneril and Regan are to be hated in some productions, while in others they're to be sympathised with (both through the use of "techniques"), would that be the right thing to talk about? Also, anything else that should be mentioned in the feminist critism? Thanks.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I don't know your text but the most basic things to address in a feminist reading are:

What do you think the texts suggests about the ways men and women behave in the society the text represents?

In what ways to women feature in this texts? How is this different from the male characters?

Is the position of women a concern in this text?

Does the text make women or men appear in certain ways?

This is the bare minimum. You should going way deeper but as I said, just an introduction :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
feminism is the movement that tries to include women in a male dominated society. i originally tried to show it could be feminist as the women were powerful but was told this is wrong.

you could say the play is critical of feminism because when the females take over the kingdom begins to fall apart.

“The Patriarchal Bard: Feminist Criticism and Shakespeare,” 1985 Kathleen McLuskie is a critic for a feminist production

how would showing that they are to be hated or sympathised with be showing a feminist production? you could probably use it, but show us how it links

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
- Lear represents the limitations of a patriarchal society
- Reagan and Gonerill's characterisation are examples of traditional male attitudes
- women's lust is the centre and source of corruption
- greatest threat to the family is female insubordination

there's heaps more, but these were all i could think of off the top of my head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)