• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feminist reading of father and child (1 Viewer)

smiles

HSC
does any body at all know where i might find a feminist reading of father and child.... i've been trying for AGES and i can only a little teensy bit bout it..<sigh>....I am so over harwood its just not funny!! :mad:

bEAbEA

HSC
maybe the fact that the girl's mother is not represented or talked about in the text.
Also, if you presume that the child is a girl, we see the girl breaking free from her father in "Barn Owl"

tennille

HSC
smiles said:
does any body at all know where i might find a feminist reading of father and child.... i've been trying for AGES and i can only a little teensy bit bout it..<sigh>....I am so over harwood its just not funny!! :mad:
By the Top Notes book on Gwen Harwood from Angus and Robertson/Dymocks. It's a pink coloured book, it's quite detailed and about $11.

Emph

HSC
to get better marks you should not be looking to regurgitate a reading already done by someone else, but come up with your own stuff. Instead, I suggest you do research into what feminist critics look for and then apply it to the poems.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
agreed with Emph. but in my opinion a feminist reading of Father and Child subtracts from the entire universal issues and themes that also make up the poem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)