Fertility and the Pill (1 Viewer)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Okay I'm totally, totally new to this, I'm really afraid of the Pill, hence I haven't tried it. I'm also confused about the whole day and night thing, ugh. Who's been on it for ages here?

Does the Pill affect your fertility later on, if you've been on it for the longterm?! Can it? I don't really trust anything that's internal...especially if there's a risk :(

nwatts

HSC
brogan77 said:
The only Pill you should be taking is one of potassium cyanide.
hahahah

to chlamydia girl: no it's called reversible sterility for a reason. also it doesn't need to be capitalised.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
there is research about this.. that say that some women's fertility doesnt return to normal for about 6mth-2 yrs after about 10 yrs of the pill.

but it doesnt make u infertile permanantly..

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
I've being on it for a while, since last year.

I have awful headaches, nausea and cramps unless I take it, but I was only put on it for severe acne when I was 16. My mum wouldn't let me take it before then even though literally no other acne treatment was working and I could no longer function properly for school. I want to go off it after the HSC though; long term usage has been linked with cervical and breast cancer. I can try keep my hormones at bay with appropiate vitamins and more exercise.

I get less energy because my hormones are regulated and marked food cravings when I'm on it; but it does help lessen the side effects of your period.

HSC
N/A
Riona said:
I've being on it for a while, since last year.

I have awful headaches, nausea and cramps unless I take it, but I was only put on it for severe acne when I was 16. My mum wouldn't let me take it before then even though literally no other acne treatment was working and I could no longer function properly for school. I want to go off it after the HSC though; long term usage has been linked with cervical and breast cancer. I can try keep my hormones at bay with appropiate vitamins and more exercise.

I get less energy because my hormones are regulated and marked food cravings when I'm on it; but it does help lessen the side effects of your period.
Wikipedia said:
There is contradictory research into the risk of breast cancer.[23] There "is a small increase in the risk of having breast cancer diagnosed in current users of combined oral contraceptives and in women who had stopped use in past 10 years but there is no evidence of an increase in the risk more than 10 years after stopping use" and the nature of the identified cancers being less advanced clinically suggested a bias of screening in oral contraceptives users.[24]
Of all the people my doctor has given the pill to (she sees a lot of people - so much so that several years back she stopped taking on new clients), she says only two people have got cancers of any kind, and both were smokers. (I think there IS a stronger case for smokers getting cancers, overall). Personally, I intend to stay on the pill until I decide to have kids (if at all), and then I'll go back on it until menopause happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)