• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

file type problems (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ok got the problem that when i try and view vids on net it doesnt work, and it always has the apple quicktime logo with a question mark in the middle. im not sure how to get rid of quicktime as the default setting..i have mozilla firefox newest update, and ive gone to settings and file types but i still cant seem to get rid of quicktime..any help?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
maybe you want to install quicktime player.

Punctuation M

HSC
N/A
Go to Start --> Set Program Access and Defaults --> Under choose configuration, click Custom --> Choose Default Media Player.

Above is how you set a certain media player as default; in your case it seems as if you don't have Quicktime installed; just to be sure, go to Start --> Set Program Access and Defaults --> Change or Remove Programs --> Then look for Quicktime. If you don't not have it in the list, or if it is the old version, uni-install it, reboot, and install the new version of Quicktime -below is the link to the newest version:

http://www.filehippo.com/download/d775a33cc77dc1210b1bb23abbb6670d/download/

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
how do u get to this point, where is "set program access and defaults", ? i dont see it in start menu..

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i was mainly referring to how to get through this
"Go to Start --> Set Program Access and Defaults --> Under choose configuration, click Custom --> Choose Default Media Player."

where is all that situated at?

Punctuation M

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
i was mainly referring to how to get through this
"Go to Start --> Set Program Access and Defaults --> Under choose configuration, click Custom --> Choose Default Media Player."

where is all that situated at?
Ok, you don't have Set Programs Access and Defaults on your start menu, then you can't get their that way. So, go to Start --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)