• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Film as a major work anyone? (1 Viewer)

Director Jess

Greetings, I was just wondering if anyone doing or has already completed film as their major work for the extension 2 course if they wouldn't mind offering some advice...... it would be greatly appreciated.... thanks very much....

Saul

*ss
HSC
be organised! one of my friends got shat on cause he wasn't, and had to change his format, and another was still filming the day before it was due...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Are you actually doing film, or a video? Just curious, because I've heard it's so expensive to do film!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
...whatever you do remember that this is ultimately YOUR major work..dont let anyone try to introduce their concepts if you dont think it works...

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Director Jess
Greetings, I was just wondering if anyone doing or has already completed film as their major work for the extension 2 course if they wouldn't mind offering some advice...... it would be greatly appreciated.... thanks very much....
There is a difference between film and video.

I made a video this year and still had to 'film' it (using ViCam of course).

My advice is, plan early. really really early! If you plan to use actors who are in year 12, then this must be organised quickly because they are at such critical stage that noone would give their time to you if you film around June. it's highly unlikely.

Also, storyboard always works :) they are very handy especially if you are an amateur vidder like me :rolleyes: I depended on it a lot.

Also, know that you have good editing software available. that's very important too!

Good luck

if you're going to do film, for fucks sake make sure you have the buget for it. it costs an arm and a leg to process, and editing is excruciatingly tedious.
Video on the other hand is cheap as chips, and a very user friendly medium to work with.
i made a few short test videos at the start of this year to get myself familiar with the camera and the editing software and so on.
oh be sure to check out a few websites on how to make your video look less amatuerish, unless thats what you're after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)