Film Censorship Questionnaire (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalew777

HSC
Hey guys, this survey is about the censorship of films in Australian society, whether you believe it is right or wrong, moral or ethical. Answers to any of the following questions would be greatly appreciated...

1. On average, how many films do you view per week (include TV movies)?

2. Are you aware of the film classification structure for your country?

3. Do you believe the offensive content of a film should determine whether the government allows you to see that film? Why/Why Not?

4. Does a high classification level directly affect your decision to watch a film?

5. Do you think authority figures have the moral and ethical right to censor films for the public? Why/Why Not?

6. Do you feel that there should be generally more debate over the censorship and classification of films in your country? Why/ Why Not?

7. Do you think the laws and regulations regarding film censorship of films may change in the future? If Yes, do you think censorship will be more of an issue in the future or that the laws will become more lenient?

8. Your Age Range / Religion / Nationality.

Thank you for your time. :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A

About 1 per week.

Yes.

3. Do you believe the offensive content of a film should determine whether the government allows you to see that film? Why/Why Not?

Yes, as long as they do a good job at classifying the film(s).

4. Does a high classification level directly affect your decision to watch a film?

Sometimes, depends on what the film is about.

5. Do you think authority figures have the moral and ethical right to censor films for the public? Why/Why Not?

Yes, as long as they make a fair assessment when censoring the films.

6. Do you feel that there should be generally more debate over the censorship and classification of films in your country? Why/ Why Not?

Nope, I think the system is working well.

7. Do you think the laws and regulations regarding film censorship of films may change in the future? If Yes, do you think censorship will be more of an issue in the future or that the laws will become more lenient?

They may, but I don't think they will be any more of a issue than today.

Teenager, Christian, Australia.

rhia

salty
HSC

no.

'offensive' is relative: it may be offensive to grandma, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it is offensive to teenager. anybody should be permitted to see whatever they wish, but should be alerted to potentially offensive content in order to be able to make an informed choice. but i do think that children should be prevented from seeing certain content: violent, swearing... to protect them from that sort of influence, before they're able to make up their own mind.

no. but i once in a blue moon watch films anyway.

no. it's difficult for me to accept that any one person should be able to tell another that they can't watch a movie, of all things, because of what they think.

6. Do you feel that there should be generally more debate over the censorship and classification of films in your country? Why/ Why Not? i can't answer this because i'm not really aware of the present situation.

i don't know: everyone is so prissy about everything lately, things will probably become more servere? <-- uneducated comment

big girl / buddhist / australian

cheers

jameso7

HSC
1-2

yes

yeah i suppose its good to have restrictions for certain things, cause young people can be heavily influenced and unaware of right and wrong. although so too can some adults so... but they shouldn't have the power to edit things out of films like some countries do.

no, but it would affect say if i were to watch it with family, especially a younger member.

see question 3

no

probably, well hopefully, more lenient

16, not religious, Australian

B35tY

HSC

Yes.

I should have the right to choose what i see.

Not really.

Each individual should have the right to make their own choices. Classification is useful for informing the public, but restrictions should not be made.

No there is adequate debate.

Yes, the laws should become more lenient.

16 / Atheist / Australian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)