film course (1 Viewer)

gelo

HSC
any recommendations or suggestions for me as i am beginning to look around for a good uni that offers a film course where there is a mix between practical and theoretical stuff..
anyone who is actually doing this at the moment in uni's suggestions would be great.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
go back to your UAC guide then ask questions about specific uni's... people may be more willing to help you then

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
B Media in Screen Production @ Macquarie University
B Digital Media @ UTS (Komaticom?)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha oh @ UNSW, nm forgot which one COFA was at haha :p

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
The ones kami posted are basically what's on offer. I've been looking into it too, wanting a Film course with lots of practical experience so I can get a decent job and maybe go on to AFTRS and do further study (Cinematography is my interest).

What I intend to do (and what I suggest you do), is go to the open days for UTS, UNSW/COFA and MQ. The only way you're going to be able to tell if the course offers what you want is to go and scope out the facilities and talk with people currently enrolled.

Other options are private colleges which are more expensive like http://www.jmc.net.au/ and another one which I've forgotten right now.. TAFE is an option too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)