Film script + camera angles + HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

trichp

Trish
HSC
Hi all,

I have to write up a film script for a tv episode for a crime fiction story and my problem is that i cant find a sample script that contains camera angles. i have searched through tv scripts, movie scripts and there is no description of camera angles within the script. for example, looked in minorty report but there is no mentioning of camera angles

Does anyone know of a script that contains camera angles????

Thanks

h2cker

HSC
Your Referring to a 'Screenplay'. It entails what will happen in a paritular shot. Exact Camera Angles aren't exactly described but storyboard(ed) by directors. If your going to study Study this, look up Screenplays and I this might be of some help: http://www.filmref.com/

If you need any more help with this send me a im via email.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
trichp said:
Hi all,

I have to write up a film script for a tv episode for a crime fiction story and my problem is that i cant find a sample script that contains camera angles. i have searched through tv scripts, movie scripts and there is no description of camera angles within the script. for example, looked in minorty report but there is no mentioning of camera angles

Does anyone know of a script that contains camera angles????

Thanks
I'm working in the industry at the moment, and have read a few scripts etc so don't take my advice as someone who knows what they requirements of the HSC are, just inside the industry....

A screenplay is different to a stage play. MOST scripts don't have anything to do with camera, or if they do, it's very VERY limited. The script is like the blueprint for the action. The camera records the action, and is really the domain of the Director/Cinematographer. Many Directors get the shits with a screenwriter who writes too many camera directions. Many directors don't decide on camera angles untill they are on set and have blocked the actors, meaning that script directions would be useless anyway.

So yeah, think of a script as a blueprint for the words and actions of the characters. It's like a simplified novel. The reader (or director) is the one who interprets those words/actions into reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)