final dates to drop (1 Viewer)

godfairy2563652

HSC
Hi all, i was just thinking bout my subjects. does anyone know if and if yes when the final date to drop a subject is. units arent a problem coz i got plenty of those.
thanks in advance to whoever replies

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Yeah, you can drop a subject whenever. (Although if you drop too many you may not meet the qualifications for a UAI or the HSC.)

random 7

HSC
what tha........ in my school you can't drop it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
random 7 said:
How come?

I mean surely if people want to drop the subject and they weren't allowed to they would just stop doing the work.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
random 7 said:
Even if they don't let you drop it for whatever reason, just don't spend much time on it and work on the units you plan to keep. As long as you have 10 units (no more than 2u category B) you should be able to drop whatever you want whenever you want.
At this time of the year it is stupid if anyone claims its too late in the year

Sukey

HSC
Can't drop it anymore? That's weird!

There was a kid at my school who dropped one of her subjects like half an hour before her HSC exam.

Though I think if you want to drop a subject, better do it asap, or you'll be spending a lot of unnecessary time on a subject that isn't going to count anyway!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Sukey said:
Can't drop it anymore? That's weird!

There was a kid at my school who dropped one of her subjects like half an hour before her HSC exam.

Though I think if you want to drop a subject, better do it asap, or you'll be spending a lot of unnecessary time on a subject that isn't going to count anyway!
Why would you drop a subject right before the exam? Unless you didn't bother doing the assessments. But if you did, why wouldn't you just do the exam and see how you go?

I don't really see any point in dropping a subject at this point (for me, anyway). I've already put myself through most of the stress, so might as well finish it off.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
I had thoughts of dropping extension maths just before the HSC a while ago, simply because 3U maths helps me with certain works of 2U... it makes my life easier in 2U... but I don't know if I really want to drop it now, I'm starting to like 3U xD

Sukey

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Why would you drop a subject right before the exam? Unless you didn't bother doing the assessments. But if you did, why wouldn't you just do the exam and see how you go?

I don't really see any point in dropping a subject at this point (for me, anyway). I've already put myself through most of the stress, so might as well finish it off.
I know, I thought it was a bit stupid too, but it might be because the kid wanted the award you get if you get all band 6s.

Well, I dropped everything I could at the beginning of the year because I thought why put myself through unnecessary work? And now I regret dropping so many because I hate CHEM!!!! Not really, but I hate the teacher because she's so slow!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)