Final Results (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Hey so do the final marks for spring semester come up in Pweb from 18th December? Does anyone know what time?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
9am or 5pm, I guess as usual. I think it should be 9am based on previous years.

klh

HSC
why are they on at different days for MySR and Pweb? we'll all just use pweb anyway, why add more duties when they have sometimes shown an incapacity to fulfill them?

whats the betting on mysr first getting results before pweb?

Jacks

HSC
I thought it was the 12th...hehe I think I'll go and look on the website...ok no the 18th...dang and here I was thinking I didn't have to wait that long. Just in time to ruin the festive season...fabulous.

I agree with Cape, probably 9am...but you will be informed of the exact time prior to this date.

Last edited:

klh

HSC
after 9 am for Pweb on the 18th, and MySR is on the 19th. 13 days to go...

Alex-

HSC
I just logged into PWeb and the results are up :)

Alex-

HSC
No problem :)

2 credits and 2 passes for me. I thought one subject was going to be a bit hairy but at least its out of the way, only one more year to go now!

Now if only our GPA calculations were worked out like other universities i'd have a greater than 5 GPA, ah well.

How did everyone else go?

L

LaraB

Alex- said:
No problem :)

2 credits and 2 passes for me. I thought one subject was going to be a bit hairy but at least its out of the way, only one more year to go now!

Now if only our GPA calculations were worked out like other universities i'd have a greater than 5 GPA, ah well.

How did everyone else go?
what do you mean like other unis?....

well done :)

woot happy with mine lol 2hds and 2 ds..

I started a results thread - didn't notice your post here before

----------------------------------

lol just copied the other one to here to save having a useless duplicate thread :)

hey everyone - they're up already!

probably the usual testing the system thing and then it goes wacky and doens't work til monday so check now if you want em early:)

How'd you go?

I'm SOOOOOO happy with mine!

Property Law 75 - D
Australia and the Global Economy - 94 - HD Woot!
Employee Training and Development - 75 D
Negotiation Bargaining and Advocacy - 85 HD - Woot!

Awesome-ness! lol GPA's now 6.063 yay :) only need one more HD to even out those Credits lol to make it 6 for Law.... yes i think about these things way too much :p

Hope everyone's happy with theirs :)

Oh apparently the system's starting to be jumpy n slow so look soon before it dies :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex-

HSC
LaraB said:
what do you mean like other unis?....
Well for example USyd calculates GPA on your actual marks not what grade you have like UWS. So high P/C/D's can push your GPA up a level, instead of like ours where a low credit for example is calculated exactly the same as a high credit..

But nothing can be done about that, and I havnt failed yet in my course so im still stoked :)

Jacks

HSC
Well done, I'm quite happy about my marks this semester. 3 distinctions and one High distinction. I guess that means my degree is done! How about everyone else?

L

LaraB

Alex- said:
Well for example USyd calculates GPA on your actual marks not what grade you have like UWS. So high P/C/D's can push your GPA up a level, instead of like ours where a low credit for example is calculated exactly the same as a high credit..

But nothing can be done about that, and I havnt failed yet in my course so im still stoked :)

lol i'd rather our system :p where you get your GPA and then your WAM makes you look better lol if that's the case because people at work and stuff always bag out that kinda system lol...

one of the associates at work i remember was saying referred to those kinda i guess... "weighting" systems as "designed to make dopey people feel a tad smarter" lol.. whcih is kinda rude haha :p...

but i guess UWS's system makes sense given that like... that would just make it harder for people to understand coz so many people when they ask me what my GPA is can't even grasp the basic concept of the way UWS does of P=4, C=5, D=6, HD=7 lol... coz it's so complicated and all haha :p

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
WTF THE RESULTS R UP NOW??? lol i knew this would happen, i shouldve woke up earlier ahahha :( anyways i'm checkin mine now :p hopefully i passed all gud luck ppls!

L

LaraB

sparkl3z said:
um......what does result pending mean :S
can mean a few things -

i remember my bro had one where they reckon he didn't attend the minimum classes so they wouldn't give him his mark till they talked to him about that...

could mean there was problems with the marking or there's a discrepency as to what mark you should get...

lots of thing - have a look on pweb, i'm pretty sure there's something on there about what it could possibly be.

Sure it's nothing "bad" :)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
oh ok thanks. yeah it says result may not be finalised, i'm hoping i get a credit in that subject so if its a fail i will kill them lol

klh

HSC
omg!!!! thanks 4 telling me!
i got :
200158 Business, Society and Policy 66 CREDIT
61422 Employee Training and Development 75 DISTINCTION
61432 Enterprise Industrial Relations 77 DISTINCTION
MG302A Strategic Management 65 CREDIT

my GPA is [fo me quite massive] 5.087, so i can do postgrad stuff later on...woohoo! and my degree is finished, it feels sooo good!

ok, ok, nice to hear you people got good and great marks! Congrats, and i must take back my comments on uws admin....this early notification is great to know!
thanks to the original newsbreaker, whoever it is lol.

edit:
have you all checked ur gpa's? i recalculated mine and the numbers dont match, maybe anyone else can recalculate theirs?

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
klh i calculated mine but cos 1 of my subjects isnt up yet they only used 3 instead of 4 spring subjects in the calculation so far.. im really worried about my gpa though, its way below 5, and i think im screwed for post grad if i dont get all HDs next year :( but then i heard that if ur score is crap in first 2, and excellent in last yr u can still do postgrad or they still offer u honours, does anybody know the extent of truth in this?

klh

HSC
thanks, for calculating to check. i re-did mine and i did its nearly correct so meh [5.087 while mine is a whopping 5.088...negligible but better than 5.188 which i got for no reason, still havent found the error..anyway]

ur in ur 2nd year or going to start? i remember my gpa was abour 4.7 or so, and than i started to get it up since you get experience in doing assignments and referencing etc. so just aim for c and d and you'll be able to bring them up.
about what you said, i dont know about its validity, but the general criteria in business is to get a 5.0 gpa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)