Final round offers ? (1 Viewer)

sexc_s2000

HSC
Hi guys how are you...

i am new to this thread and i just wanted to ask a couple of questions..

ok so heres my story in breif !

i went to a school in western Sydney and i was aiming for an ATAR of around 80 or so, and near the end of the year (trial times) my apendix burst, now i could not study for my trials at all ! and i realy did not get the marks i was aiming for 80 + and i ended up getting 60-low 70s, now this realy dramtacilly affected my marks and rankings (even though i was still in like the top 8 for every single course)

now after doing my HSC i walked out of each exam (other than maths) thinking i was going to get at least 80 thats how hard i studied and how much information i put through each question !

now before i tell you my ATAR, let me tell you this, (the high mark in my school, which my freind got was 79.85) ! AND THAT WAS THE HIGHEST MARK ! and looking at my exam marks compared to the marks i got, E.G Ancient history exam mark was 75, given mark 65 (thats not counting how dramticaly scaled down my raw mark was)

not when i get my ATAR which was 46.95 i was deviasted ! but life goes on...

now for the first round, i put really stupid things such as law and eneerging (and i did put business and commerce) as my 3-4 th (which where the ones that i was intending on getting into)

now i get 10 bonus points (5 for school, and i appled for EAS for my burst apendic (which was a near death experience and i would have got the full 5)

now i dident get into the main round, and i dident get an offer for he 2nd round (early February) ? nowok i wsent ecpecting it from the first

but i was at least expeting (a offer from ACU) which was 59 for Bachelor of commerce...

for the 2nd round i applied for (business and commerce) at Parramata, Cambltown and Bankstown) and 2 courses at ACU which needed 59.00 and i dident get neither of them ?

now, i know this has been a extremly long essay, but i wanted to ask should i have hope for the final round ?

all 3 business and commerce are still VACANT ! and Parra needs 65.10 and my ATAR with the bonus points is around 56.95 ?

thanks allot for your help guys and if you could get back to me ASAP it woulf be much apreciated

P.S my teacher wrote me a letter explainging what happend to me etc etc and i will be calling UWS to have some further consideration for the final round.

thanks allot guys

Deathless

HSC
No.

Unless someone from the inside intervenes. According to UAC, Commerce at ACU is 63.5 and has vacancy in the second round. I would not be on you being able to enter in the final round.

Sorry.

Deathless

HSC
He's not retarded... He beat like 46% of the state -_-

sexc_s2000

HSC
I refuse to believe someone that retarded is capable of actually signing up on a forum and posting a thread.

Oi douche bag..... i was expecting a ATAR of at least 75 + my Appendix burst which put that aim to a 60s and my school 80 % got 30 bellow.... well you do the maths you douche bag !

and no im not a troll...

i even got in the top 10 rankings for all my subjects.....

5th for legal

8th for Ancient

5th for general maths

and yet the highest mark in my school was 79.80 dosent that say it all ?

sexc_s2000

HSC
No.

Unless someone from the inside intervenes. According to UAC, Commerce at ACU is 63.5 and has vacancy in the second round. I would not be on you being able to enter in the final round.

Sorry.

Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of information i think is 59.80 or so...

would any of sort of letter to UWS (from me and one of my teachers, help my cause) ???

even though they have my EAS

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Your appendix burst... right. Well, I had major heart surgery in April - was out for two months - and I wound up with 95.40.

That, to me, as heart-breaking as it is - is not much of an excuse for getting an ATAR as low as that. I'd think you're not cut out for academia - personally.

HSC
Uni Grad
YThat, to me, as heart-breaking as it is - is not much of an excuse for getting an ATAR as low as that. I'd think you're not cut out for academia - personally.
This.

Some of the guys in the year above partied and took virginities every weekend during their trials and still ended up with 90+.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Took virginities? That's a nice way of putting it. /me puts it in his word-bank

Also, I'm keen to know sexc's subjects and marks.

sexc_s2000

HSC
douche bag.... 80 % of my year got 30 and bellow ??

and my marks where

Ancient his 71

standard English 70

Legal studies 73

business studies 68

general maths 69

my examination marks where around 6 marks higher for each subject..

and once again (school, 80 % 30 and bellow) might be "symbolic" of something !

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What school was this...? I can't believe that 80% of your year got 30 and below.

And yeah, those marks - they aren't exactly "ATAR helpers". Still, even if you were top - your external mark in the HSC and the moderated mark should've gotten you better. So yes, maybe you're not cut out for academia.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
OP, Tafe is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|TAFE|

Kralex

HSC
You seem set on going uni and let me tell you now you're an idiot. Not for your crappy ATAR but for the fact that you put the dumbest things as your top preferences..

dude you should have fucking applied straight up at UWS in courses that were high 60s to low 70s. UWS is very lenient to western based students. You blew it though.

My friend got 60 and he was going to apply to ACU commerce but after countless lectures by my friend and I we persuaded him to put commerce at UWS first which was like 68 and you know what? He got it and we were happy for him.

You blew it buddy.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
My appendix has burst too op. Surgery takes all of 20 mins and you're back on your feet in 4 days. That being said, you don't even NEED to be on your feet to study. I mean, they have this cool wheely-desk-thingo that slides over your bed so you CAN write.

Those marks you're quoting aren't actually your 'marks', they're scaled, so you probably got well below the range you think you scored, too.

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
You seem set on going uni and let me tell you now you're an idiot. Not for your crappy ATAR but for the fact that you put the dumbest things as your top preferences..

dude you should have fucking applied straight up at UWS in courses that were high 60s to low 70s. UWS is very lenient to western based students. You blew it though.

My friend got 60 and he was going to apply to ACU commerce but after countless lectures by my friend and I we persuaded him to put commerce at UWS first which was like 68 and you know what? He got it and we were happy for him.

You blew it buddy.
and you're a genius clearly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)