Finance Co-Op (1 Viewer)

footballstar

HSC
Can people apply for this once they're in UNSW (ie. first year Commerce or Economics degree) or transfer from another uni after completing 1st year.

Also would it be correct to say that to be considered they'll be looking for at least Distinction averages along with plenty of uni extracurriculars in your first year.

thanks everyone

grimreaper

HSC
Not unless places open up in it i.e. people drop out. This year someone dropped out so they had mid year applications for people in first year. And yes, you would be expected to have at least a D average. It is obviously a much better idea to apply for co-op before you begin your degree

footballstar

HSC
grimreaper said:
Not unless places open up in it i.e. people drop out. This year someone dropped out so they had mid year applications for people in first year. And yes, you would be expected to have at least a D average. It is obviously a much better idea to apply for co-op before you begin your degree
Of course, I only asked because I don't think my grades will be high enough this year to apply.

noftus

HSC
N/A
Don't believe everything you hear/read about marks.

I got into a unsw commerce co-op as a first year student, transferring away from uts after studying 1 year (not studying commerce).

My UTS first year marks were good, but weren't D averages.

If you're good enough - and can show it - and really want it - you'll get in.

footballstar

HSC
noftus said:
Don't believe everything you hear/read about marks.

I got into a unsw commerce co-op as a first year student, transferring away from uts after studying 1 year (not studying commerce).

My UTS first year marks were good, but weren't D averages.

If you're good enough - and can show it - and really want it - you'll get in.
Thanks noftus thats encouraging, but what I meant was would i be able to apply for this next year having completed first year Commerce or Economics at UNSW or another university, because as I said before I probably wont make the uai cutoff to even bother applying this year. Would it also be dependent on whether somebody leaves or not as the other person said?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ yeah

i think co ops are only offered mid year if someone drops out and there's room.

lizbon

HSC
err if ur talking abt finance co op then marks definitely matter alot, since most finance co ops are on a HD avg or around that mark.

any other co op e.g. accounting, BIT, Marketing ur always chance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)