Finance Help (1 Viewer)

Patrick12

HSC
Hi guys
How do I prepare for a short answer finance exam?
Any resources would help me too if you can spare.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Which components of Finance will your exam assess?

If your exam happens to cover all parts of Finance, then you will need to ensure you have a thorough knowledge of:

- The role of financial management, its objectives as well as its interdependence with other key business functions.

- Influences on financial management, including internal/external sources of finance, the different types of financial institutions, the influence of government as well as global market influences.

- Processes of financial management, including planning and implementing, monitoring and controlling, financial ratios (which your exam could assess), limitations of financial reports as well as ethical issues related to financial reports.

- Strategies of financial management, including cash flow management, working capital management, profitability management as well as global financial management.

If your exam covers less than all 4 parts of finance, then you should ensure you complement your knowledge of those particular areas according to the syllabus dot points. In addition to the content, you should complete relevant practice questions so that you know how to apply your knowledge to exam questions. For example, you need to be able to correctly calculate financial ratios as well as comment and compare those to given figures (such as an industry average) effectively.

There are several Finance notes and resources which you can access. Here’s the link:

I hope this helps! 😄

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys
How do I prepare for a short answer finance exam?
Any resources would help me too if you can spare.
Finance short answers would normally have a statement, such as a balance sheet, cash flow statement, or income statement, and you'll be asked to calculate financial ratios (such as liquidity, gearing, efficiency etc), comment and then list a few strategies. That has seemed to me to be the most common but they can definitely ask you anything from within the syllabus

All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)