finance stuff (1 Viewer)

mr phil

HSC
Just a few quick questions
- Does anyone know the difference between finance and APPLIED finance?
- The difference in commerce and economics degrees? besides the UAI

I've also heard that a career in accounting or finance and alike require some kind of legal backround. Would i be left in the dark without some kind of major in law?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
for a major in accounting and to join one of the professional bodies, CPA or CA, you'd need to have done some business law (or commercial law at some uni's). it is a core element in an accounting major which should give you basic legal knowledge...

you should do a search on what the difference is between commerce and economics degrees.. its been asked so many times...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am pretty sure than anything with "applied" before it means you use computers:).

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh... err... applied and computers? uh.. no... your kidding right?

anyways phil, are you considering the b. applied finance course at MQ? i'm don't think there are any b. finance degrees being offered anywhere?!?! :S so you'd have to do a b. commerce with majors in finance.. right?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jlh said:
uh... err... applied and computers? uh.. no... your kidding right?

anyways phil, are you considering the b. applied finance course at MQ? i'm don't think there are any b. finance degrees being offered anywhere?!?! :S so you'd have to do a b. commerce with majors in finance.. right?
No, I am serious. I thought that anything with "applied" before a degree meant that you use computers to solve problems, etc. on a computer instead of relying totally on theory:).

By the way, there is a Bachelor of Finance at University of Newcastle. I am trying to get into it next year:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)