Financial Maths (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Hey everyone,

I haven't looked at my maths book from last term, which has all of the financial maths work that my class did, and l cannot remember any of it.

I have a test on Financial Maths week 1 next term, and l was wondering what specific areas l should be concentrating on during these last couple of weeks.

Much appreciated,

Sarah

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm financial maths being FM4?
we had our assessment on AM3, M6 and FM4
*gets her assessment out* there was only 1/3 of it on financial maths but you never know what teacher are going to ask so just study every part of the chapter
ours was reading a monthly repayments table
car is advertised ar blah.. bought on terms for 20% deposit and repayments of blah per week for 3 years.. calculate the deposit total cost of car bought on terms, total interest, interest rate per annum
going on holidays.. borrows $3500 over 3 yrs at a flat interest rate of 8% pa, find simple interest and total to be repaid
loan on car.. repays $6750 on a loan of $5200 taken over 4 years, calculate simple interest
umm 2 more interest questions
credit card statement.. pays an amount whats still due.. how much interest is charged on the outstanding amount
table of installments for a personal loan.. basically reading and calculating interest
umm focus on interest calculating lol

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
what the hell is financial maths? How come 2/3/4 unit people don't do a chapter called Financial maths? umph.

we do it in series and sequences, right? simple/compound interest, time payments, superannuation, is that financial maths? :S

victorling

HSC
N/A
yes
financial maths refers to the compund interest, annuties we have encountered in the 2u:"series and sequence"

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I did the test and it wasn't as hard as l expected...l'll post the result when l get it.

ArMoLiCiOuS

HSC
I HATEEEEE OMGG ABSOLUTELY HATE FINANCIAL MATHS! lol....
(also of course cuz i dun get it cuz we dun pay attention)... and i hate the graphics calculators even more! lol ....k ill shut up....

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
it's easy once you're sure of which formula to use
because some questions can be misleadng... the wording of the question might make you think of using a different formula.

Channy

MAtHs

Just a question about maths personally im not really a maths minded person but i jst wanted to knw if der was anyone out der dat had or still uses some good text bookz or programs for general maths?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
it's easy once you're sure of which formula to use
because some questions can be misleadng... the wording of the question might make you think of using a different formula.
Exactly. In class our teacher would help us with which formula to use. Once the test came around we weren't 100% sure of what formula to use so l went with my gut instinct.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Yeh sure. I'm really competitive in maths so I work off about a million books.

There's:
New Century General Maths
Jacaranda Maths Quest
Maths In Focus
Excel General Maths

There's about a million Past papers books, but you don't want to be doubling up on Past papers. Um...oh and also there's Cambridge General Maths but that is heaps hard. Universitys use it for bridging courses. But if you like the challenge, it's heaps cool.

What text book does ur school use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)