Financial Maths (1 Viewer)

dediho

HSC

seriously ppl, the graphics calc. helps out heaps in financial maths. i recommend y'all get it. i think its so time saving in exams if u noe wat ur doin

Beaker

Graphics Calculator is great but it is good knowing the theory behind it just in case they reverse the question if you get me for some situations.

And Jacaranda is a great text book. I know someone with Cambridge and it is way too in depth I thought it must of been for university or some more advanced courses.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
camberidge textbooks are good to use..

graphx cal. are cool
but the ones we have at school are so chunky lol

Beaker

It isn't difficult.

I only use a few functions which are equation solver and the statistics function which is like a must for all those mean,median questions etc...

Very handy and there are a lot more features such as compound interest calculations etc.. but i don't use them.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
If you have chapter review questions do them. I hate financial maths.... give me trig any day.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
all we used a graphix cal was to do stats, drawing box and whisker plots.

this_guy

i got 100% for my financial maths topic test without using a graphics calculator or using 5 different textbooks. i think that just revising like 1/2 an hour a day constanly everyday is all you need for gen. maths.

funky_pineapple

hey tals!!
um yeah just remember the simple formula SI=PRN and swap it around when needed. and credit cards are easier just look it up in ur text book and you will be fine...

Scanorama

HSC
Can anyone please tell me the differences between future value and present value, in term of definition, thanks :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
future value- is the final amount of money at the end of the investment period. mainly used in questions like "...how much will he have.."

present Annuity deals with the lump sum that could be deposited now to give a desired result in the future. " how much will he need ot invest to now in order to get the desired amount?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)