Finding my Superannuation (1 Viewer)

Jolteon

HSC
Hi guys!
I'm in my first year of uni this year and I would like to keep all my Superannuation from my work all in one account. I did some research on it and apparently I should have a super account from my first job that required a TFN. If that is the case, how and where will i find that account or do i have to start a new one (there are plenty of ads advertising about student supers etc)?

I'm not very familiar with finance and this type of stuff. Any help would be helpful.
Thank you.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
The above is a very nice tool and i suggest you use it OP.

You do have a super fund account from your first employer as payment of super is required by law.
If you do not nominate a super fund when signing an offer of employment you are put on the employers "default super fund".
The fund you were put on isn't necessarily the best for you. Shop around for other super funds before making a decision.
Factors that influence your decision could be the amount of options, historical returns, risk profiles or corporate social responsibility among others.
You can always transfer your super balance to another fund however a fee will be incurred which often gets larger as the balance grows.

In the future and if you are commercially astute you could also set up a Self Managed Super Fund to invest your super balance how you chose. Setting one up is relatively simple and most people use it to invest in property, shares or bonds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)