Finding PDHPE really hard...HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

roxychicksta

HSC
Hey everyone...
Im really struggling in PDHPE...becuz my class mates are soooo loud and i cant concerntrate...does anyone have any tips for me so that i can do well in this subject...what sort of mark do i need to get in this sub to help put towards a UAI of 70+
Thank u :)

smccarthy7688

HSC
hi,

i would have to agree with what with Without Wings said about getting the syallabus. when our teacher gave us ours he told us that we should right the syllabus points and then summarise our notes into them as revision an example is:

measuring health status
role of epidemiology:
to develop a health profile of a community or population, specific information is gathered from various sources.

measures of epidemiology:
Infant mortality- number of infant deaths under 1years of age per1000 births.
Morbidity- incidence level of illness or sickness in a specific population.
Life expectancy- average number of years of life.

Mortality- the number of deaths in a population from a particular cause over a period of time.

that is the first point there.

also do drafts of your assessments and hand them into the teacher so they can look at it and show u where u can improve. Also ask for a marking criteria and look at the outcomes e.g. H1, H2.

55psi

HSC
Get someone that knows PE well, like peer to peer teaching. That is if u can get someone that isnt stingy and can be bothered doing it. Personaly this subject, not that hard and its interesting, its just that gotta remember figures and stuff. With the 2nd core about energy systems, its fairly easy.

lovesthebeer

HSC
hey there roxychicksta.
Buddy i feel your pain my class was filled with drop kicks that only picked pe because they thought that all you would do is play sport. A handy tip that my teacher gave me was to get a little exercise book and every night just spend 10-15mins making study notes about that days lesson. It helps a crap load come trial and hsc time because you will already have notes and all you have to do is cram them. Also what withoutwings said about the syllabus is a really good idea, in the hsc they can only ask you stuff that is in the syllabus (not so much in legal studies grr) so yeh it really helps if you know your syllabus. Create mnemonics for syllabus headings because they will help you heaps. Good Luck!

becm88

HSC
hey i no wot u mean i have the same problem except my teacher hasnt got much of an idea on what hes doing, he started teaching us this year n its his first year full time. just put ur head down n get heaps of work outside of class. i have started writing up study notes on each topic out of my text book, its really helpful. wot topics are you doing?

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
heya ... i had that prob last year... but ifustick at it... and don't give up....hey i came out with a score of 81 for hsc... pretty happybout that

becbo

HSC
hey.. i have the same problem in maths but i take the initiative to catch up on what they had done using the text book and in class i work at my own pace teaching everything to myself, its not as easy to do with PDH cuz sometimes u need someone to explain it to u.. peer mentor/tutor was a good idea, i have a group of them they help heaps..

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
umm... im finding pd hard too... we have two classes.. and theres only 10-15 ppl that are actualli good at the subject... the rest are shithouse... there the ones that thought ud do some PE and sport inthe course lol...

id say do what i do... have a mate whos a pd teacher.. and ask the mate some questions etc.. get tutored for free and helpw ith assessments mate

fitzpatrickr

HSC
hey, i'll basically just repeat what was said earlier...USE THE SYLLABUS!!!! its sooo important. and then get practise questions, and as you answer these, figure out what syllabus point the question is relating to. then you'll be sweet

smile4me

HSC
In our pe class we also use mind maps a lot it helps when it comes to an exam i write the mind map at the top of the page and then you can see what you need to include easily
stick with it its not too hard a subject. and don;t forget to refer to the sylabus so you don;t learn un, needed stuff and wast your time learning the wrong stuff

becasey

HSC
N/A
the main word that our teacher seys everyday "you have got 2 no your syllabous" she said it is the only way we r going to pass. so wat i have done it cuut it up and wrote under e4ach bit all the stuff that we have to no. also write out the main points for the syllabous. for example ENERGY SYSTEMS and then write the points that go underneth it, thats what we have to do every friday in class and it has really helped. good luck everyone

ms.JESS

HSC
Accroyms are a good way of remembering in P.E.

My teacher said always make up little rhyms and accronyms before you go into the exam, the moment your able to write quikly write them down on planning paper and refer to them when needed!

maddyclarke

HSC
USE the excel books - these are great help and give you the straight answers;
if you have the answer to eachdot point you can get extra information to help your answer be better !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)